Slow response motors

Hello,

I've had my arducopter for around two months and I still haven't managed to get it off the ground. (when I did, but I've now lost 3 props.)

My problem seems to be that when pitching the copter the motors seem slow to respond to the commands sent out from the APM. For example, if I pitch the nose down, it takes around 5 seconds for the front motor to increase in speed. If this was in the air it would of crashed, no? When rolling, the motors are quick to respond and you can feel the resistance. On the ground when trying to take off, the front motor will not always spin with the others. With a bit of throttle all motors are spinning, but if trying to take off the copter will start to flip over backwards.

In configurator everything is initialised and set up correctly. All ECSs have been programmed and calibrated. I've even swapped the motors and ESCs of the front and right arms, still the same. All connections are choc-blocked for the time being for ease of trouble shooting and to eliminate bad solder connections.

Is there any way of solving this problem? Maybe a data log which shows how all the components are interacting with each other and which item is at fault? It would be nice to get at least one flight before Christmas.

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Antonio,

Ok, you'd better email Chris & Jordi then and include the link to this chat.  Maybe they'll send you a replacement board.

By the way - you should also see the issue when you connect to the configurator with the first drop down set to "Flgiht Data".  You should see "Gyro Roll" and "Gyro Pitch" graphs.  and I suspect when you roll your copter the Gyro Roll moves around but when you move the pitch it doesn't.

cr@ppy luck.  I'm pretty sure they're tested before they leave the factory and I've had 3 and besdies the one that I plowed into the ground at top speed, they're all working fine.  anyway, hope you get a new board and are in the air soon!

-Randy

• I notice when using RC1 firmware on my transmitter when I put the channel 6 switch in one state (GPS position hold?) I got erratic behavior and the copter would just flip over and spin motors a bit irregulary, in the other state (I assume off) flight worked as expected. This was on Alpha RC1. I later realized I had naively enabled GPS in RC1 and recompiled, believing it would just work :)  But GPS was not ready for use in RC1.
  • maybe you accidently programmed smooth throttle to some of the ESCs?

• Developer

So when you swapped the motors and ESCs with the front and right arms, it was still the front motor that didn't respond quickly?  That's strange.

of course you've initiased the EEPROM at least once.  And everything looks ok when you look at the artificial horizon in the configurator?  I.e you can see the horizon and it moves up and down normally as you pitch the quad?

-Randy

This reply was deleted.

Activity