Slow to get GPS 3d fix (if at all)

I'm having a problem getting a GPS 3d fix. Sometimes it will take a few minutes before it even gets one satellite, and I can sometimes wait another 10 minutes and it doesn't get any more in that time, and no 3d fix. I had 3 10 minute flights today with no lock.

It has been working previously, but was still slow to get enough satellites to get a 3d fix, sometimes 4 or 5 minutes.

I'm using a 3dr quad frame, and the gps is on the tier above the APM, and there's nothing too close to it that I can see that would be causing interference. Has anyone come across this before and have any idea how to fix it?

I am doing this outside under clear sky btw...

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Is that slotted cover fiberglass or carbon fiber? If it is carbon fiber, then that is absolutely your problem. If it is glass, it could be a contributing factor.

Simple rule, always works: do NOT cover your GPS antenna.

• I have the same issue sometimes getting the initial fix, however I'm using a APM 2.0 Purple and mine is on the lower deck.  Sometimes hitting the reset button on the APM after you powered up and set on the ground where you plan on taking off from seems to help.

Adam

• Thanks for sharing. It looks good to me, but I'm courious if your rx is too close. 

Something to try.

• Do you have a picture to share? That might help..

This reply was deleted.

Activity