Spinning copter

Hi there,

We are trying to get our hexacopter flying for a great while now, and we are struggeling to overcome all obsticals.

We have calibrates all esc's were able to programme the copter via MP and tried flying it but when we increase the trotlle the copter starts to spin, rapidly. The weird thing is it sometimes spins cw and other times ccw!! Has anybody got ideas on what this problem could be?

I saw other people with the (sort of) same problem but couldn't figure out their solutions.

We have GPS and the magneto enabled.

However, we arre having a problem getting the copter connected to MP. We were able to do so but somehow after updating MP there is no connection possible. it times out after pressing 'connect' I think its a problem with the com ports on my computer (can't find them anymore when i check cofiguration screen)

I'm getting this sorted soon.

Just leaves me with an uncontrolable hexacopter

HELP!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• mate try a different tx if you can. a while ago I set up a quad on a turnigy 9x same sort of problem. turns out there where some really poor connections on one of the stick gimbals inside the tx. I would.

also as soon as you can connect to MP again calibrate your accelerometers.  

• Just ran a test with the TX set for plane mode, The copter still spinning however after a little while one of the rotors stopt. or went really slow.

Perhaps a failing ESC?! As the ESC connected to this motor has been connected to a diferen one some time ago and the copter flipt up side down every time we tried to lift off. Ordering a new ESC soon. Maybe it will help with the spinning?

Sill need to figure out how to get the apm connected to MP though!

Thomas.

• I saw from a previous post you have a Walkera 2801. Is the TX set for ACRO (airplane) mode?

3692728363?profile=original

Spinning, uncontrolled yaw, is usually incorrect wiring to an ESC. In your case the direction change is a puzzle.

You need to perform the 'motors' test via CLI to confirm the motors are selected correctly.

Also, please capture and upload a tlog. That may help us with analysis.

-=Doug

• Hi, Thom,

Using and setting up the Mission Planner (MP) is documented https://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_First.

The most likely issues are

1. missing or misconfigured drivers

2. selection of wrong com port.

I would suggest reloading the Mission Planner clean and make certain the com drivers load successfully.

After the drivers are successfully loaded, make certain the comm port in the Mission Planner is selected in the upper right of the Mission Planner software.  Also, be certain the comm port connection speed should is set to 115200.

This reply was deleted.

Activity