Strange apm 2.8!!!!

I recently bought a new apm 2.8 with neo 6m gps module and i configured using mission planner 1.3.39.1 build 1.1.6056.17827 and with version APM Copter v 3.3.3 quad. Did all the calibration and the quad fly's so stable in stabilize mode normally. NOW THE PROBLEM: I cant get a blue light on my neo 6m gps module, no satellites, nothing and also my apm 2.8 shows only a blinking red light not the alternate blinking red and blue but just only red and my mission planner shows gpsstatus 0

NOTE: I am testing it in my balcony on the 4th floor

And almost forgot to mention that when i detach my gps the mission planner shows GPS:No GPS and says PreArm need 3D Fix and nothing else BUT also arms and fly normally. I don't understand what's happening so help me out please!!!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I need the pic of the socket on the APM not the GPS. sorry should have been more clear.

• these are from the "new gps"3702276005?profile=original3702275911?profile=original

• do me a favor and unlug the thing and take a picture of the socket by itself as the wiring for the GPS should be going to right to left in that pic

GND/NA/RX/TX/VCC which is backwards from your pic

And all the wires except the I2C are messed up.

• 3702275830?profile=original

• 3702275746?profile=original

• if it says no GPS then it is not finding your GPS. Try swapping the TX/RX pins on either the apm side or the GPS side.

3.2.1 is not that much different than 3.1.5 when it comes to the ublox code.

The latest APM 3.2.1 and Mission Planner 1.3.9 work fine.

• No it's not the one from the link and yes it shows no GPS when it is attached but then why does it display prearm need 3d fix and also I read this in some posts that the latest mission planner with latest firmware does not work so you need to roll back to 3.1.5 and the GPS has a constant red light so I think it's not faulty.
  • 1st off the latest and last version that will load on an APM is 3.2.1 not 3.3 no matter what version you select from mission planner to upload.

When you attach the GPS does it say "NO FIX" in mission planner or NO GPS" if no gps then you either have it wired incorrectly or it is a faulty unit, if it says no fix then it may be you just haven't taken it outside in a clear unobstructed skyline and let it sit long enough to populate the sats.

now if it is one of these modules (GY-GPS6MV2) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ublox-NEO-6M-GPS-Module-Aircraft-Flight-Con... it doesn't have a normal led on but only comes on blinking once it gets a lock.

• ADD: When the gps is attached it still shows the GPS:No GPS with the same message PreArm Need 3D Fix.

This reply was deleted.

Activity