Replies

• Hi :)

today I made a good progress:
    The range finder is connected and shows values (meter, volt)and changes when I move the copter up and down. :D

Now the rng finder has to be calibrated. I tried and changed all those parameter I think
    they have influence but no success so far. shows wrong distance sitting on the flor:
    I measured the distance from the edge of the sonar to the ground = 17 cm. But it shows 0.08.
    Then I lift the copter to about 85 - 90 cm and the value shown is 0.40 (See pics)
    Is there a divider i can set until the reading is more acurate?
    (See MP pic attached)
    I think this could be my last clue to solve: calibration of the distande to ground. :)

What values I can play around with?
    (Unfortunately the WiKi makes no reference to the RNG finder HC-SR04 with the analog output board) :/
    • cool - today I can post the pics :) (have access again)

pics:

3702635257?profile=original

3702634648?profile=original

• Bernardo,

Use value 14 in the RNGFND_PIN. that worked for me.

cool that the sonar works on APM.
    What is the A1 pin for the Pixhawk??
    I'm reading through the WiKi but there is no mention how to connect the HC-SRo4 to the Pixhawk.
    I use the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out.
    The sonar shows a red led but no numbers in MP. I connect to the ADC 3.3 V plug in the middle.
    Is that ok?
    cool that the sonar works on APM.
    What is the A1 pin for the Pixhawk??
    I'm reading through the WiKi but there is no mention how to connect the HC-SRo4 to the Pixhawk.
    I use the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out.
    The sonar shows a red led but no numbers in MP. I connect to the ADC 3.3 V plug in the middle.
    Is that ok?
  • What is the equivalent Pin A1 (APM) for the Pixhawk?
    I tried to set up the sonar with the extra board (3pin) but no success so far.
    Where can I educate myself or find information regarding how to make work this sonar with the Pixhawk? The Wiki has no info. :/
  • Hey did you get it working??

The one in the video seems to have a filter that the stock one doesn't have

• HI,

I purchased HC-SDR04 that has 3 pins connector and It finally worked for me last night. I have updated to firmware 3.2.1 (36b405fb). 

Then  go to the configuration/tuning tab and under Full Parameter list search for RNGFND_PIN and change the value to 1 ( This is Pin A1) . The value 0( Pin A0) did not work for me.

Disconnect the APM and plug the sensor in PIN A1 in the APM , them reconnect the APM to the computer.

I hope this work for you. 

• Hi i found a video in which an HC-SR04 is used with apm 2.6 and its working fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNZLQPg6CEE

This reply was deleted.

Activity