Hi All,

I am trying to move to an Octa + configuration using a Pixhawk previously configured to fly a Quad x  type config. 

I have selected the Octa + frame type under the initial setup, it then loads to (supposed) correct config. It then prompts me to select a frame type, however there are only quad or tri configs, no hexa or octa configs?

All 8 ESC's are connected.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry, one extra query, when I say the Octa+ frame type isn't visible, nor is any other octa of hex frame type, only tri's & quads....

Craig said:

Correct :) it defaults to X

• Thanks Craig, greatly appreciate the assistance. I will give it a go when I get home this arvo!

• Correct :) it defaults to X

• Argh OK, so the fact that under "Mandatory hardware" > "Frame Type" the Octa+ isn't visible doesn't matter? Do I just not select a frame type at all?

• oh god you're using the wizard :( I have never once had the wizard work right for me. Just set the hardware up. flash the proper firmware then go in an manually calibrate everything and when done Bobs your uncle :)

• 3702324302?profile=originalSorry Craig, I am not being clear....

After I install the Octa + firmware, it then prompts me under the Wizard to select a frame type again, however only offers the following frames to choose from:

Quad x

Quad +

Y6B

Dead Cat

Quad H

There are no Hexa or Octa style frames to choose from? After this screen (if I select a quad for example, it takes me through to accelerometer config).

• if you flashed it Octa then you should not need to change frame type at all. Just make sure you have all 8 escs wired like in the following diagram. There is no + or X "firmware" though, just Octa and as long as you wired your motors for X it should just be X :)

MOTORS_Hexa-octo-y6.jpg

• Hi Craig, 

Thanks for the quick response. I should have included that I had flashed the Octa + firmware (I did it 3 times to be sure), and the problem persists.

The only reason I mentioned the quad x part was that I thought there was something I might be missing?

Cheers

• You can't change from Quad to Octa without flashing a new firmware as each handle the number of motors differently.

3702323849?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity