Hi All,

I am trying to move to an Octa + configuration using a Pixhawk previously configured to fly a Quad x  type config. 

I have selected the Octa + frame type under the initial setup, it then loads to (supposed) correct config. It then prompts me to select a frame type, however there are only quad or tri configs, no hexa or octa configs?

All 8 ESC's are connected.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Craig, unfortunately the vendor no longer exists :(

• I'd contact the vendor you bought it from and ask about an RMA :(

• Power from the PM port on the PixHawk does nothing. I have tried an alternate USB caable & PC for that matter... Same behaviour :(

• That can be really bad. But normally it means a crappy USB cable and or a weak usb port [not enough voltage].

At minimum it is a bricked flight controller. Try other USB cables and those cables in a usb port directly on the PC [not a hub]

Also as a test connect a power module to the PM port on the hawk and power it via a lipo to see that your board is not bad.

There are quite a few things we can try once we know the FC is actually still functional. But we can't go further until we figure out if you need to return the flight controller to the vendor for a replacement.

Let me know the results of the above suggestions.

• Thanks Craig, that worked, however somehow my Pixhawk no longer is able to connect to Mission Control? It basically 'clicks' very quietly, and the following lights flicker very quickly: PMU PWR, IO PWR, IO B/E & IO ACT?

I tried flashing it again as the Octo, and it asks me if it is a Liniux board, then states it can't complete it? :(

BTW, thanks for uploading the video...

I have attached a quick video of the behaviour? I am freaking out now... 

20161115_195413_1.mp4

• The latest ver. I just made a little video showing me flashing my hawk to 3.4.1 Octa and then selecting frame type

• Hmmm, what version of Mission Planner is that? I don't get those frame types, just the quads..... 

• oh.... ummmm... Well then it's pretty easy.

Connect mission planner to your hawk, go to Mandatory hardware, then Frame Type and select PLUS :)

3702324077?profile=original

• Yes I am! 

• Are you TRYING to set it up as a +?

This reply was deleted.

Activity