Unexpected slow crash

Yesterday I was test flying a quadcopter with an APM 2.5 board. All seemed well and just as I was about to start flying a circuit, the quad listed to the right front slowly and it seemed like I had no control. It naturally flipped upside down just befor it hit the ground, didn't disarm itself and I couldn't disarm it from the radio. The motors were trying to dig a hole.

My setup includes all 3DR hardware:

- APM 2.5

- external 3DR uBlox GPS / Compass

- 3DR 433MHz Telemetry radios

I tried to see if I could spot the problem from the log files, but I'm not very clued up in that regard.

As far as I can see:- no battery problems, no GPS problems, no motor glitches, no vibrations, no interference.

I noticed that around line 1900 - 2000 there seems to be missing RollIn and PitchIn.

Can someone tell me what went wrong?

Log Attached:

2014-09-08 11-09-11.kmz

2014-09-08 11-09-11.log

2014-09-08 11-09-11.log.gpx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• the attached log ends well before you are close to a flip, maximum recorded pitch/roll is les than 8degree. , and alitude 5m.

• Yes. That's all the log that was recorded.

The copter basically hovered for about a minute, then it seemed like there was no control or stabilisation and it tilted forward and right. Motors were still spinning and it tipped over when it hit the ground. I couldn't disarm it from the radio and it also did not register a crash when it flipped over on the mission planner.

• Anyone had similar issues with AC 3.1 builds?

This reply was deleted.

Activity