I started my very first rc a month ago, after some frustration were finally able to fly the quad. My goal is to do aerial photo some day but I'm having trouble to maintain a stable position with my quad. The video recorded by the onboard camera (http://youtu.be/KnPT1BDK4NY) shows quite a bit shaking and warbling. My rate PID are 0.08, 0.003, 0.00075; loiter PID 4.5, 0.04, 0.4. What can I do to stabilize the quad? 

On the positive side, i highly recommend apm + f450 combo for any newbies. The hardware is easy to put together and can take crashes well. On my third fly, the quad got away from me. In panic, I turned off my tx to trigger the failsafe rtl mode. However, the quad quickly disappeared behind some very tall trees. I was lucky enough to find the quad next to a brick wall some 10 meters from trees. It turned out my rtl altitude was set too low. The quad hit the tree top before it had a chance to head home (as shown by the .kmz file). It then dropped more than 10 meters from the tree top before it was stopped by the brick wall. All 4 waffle balls (my training wheels from dollar store) were broken, the on board Nickon coolplex was jammed and I also lost all 4 cable ties that were holding ESCs to the arms during the crash. However, all the critical parts are undamaged. I was able to fly it again without any problems.

3691020619?profile=original

2013-05-08 13-21 9.kmz

2013-05-08 13-21 9.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• T3
    Actual your video is not bad. You can try to use software to help clean it up. But again its actually quite good.
This reply was deleted.

Activity