I have a JR9 channel and R921 receiver. I know with helicopters you can set the throttle speed you want in case of loss of radio contact so it doesn't fly away. Can this be done with the arducopter also so that it's set to a speed that would not lift it but would give it a chance to fall at a little slower speed than v = √(2gy) ? :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So a come home feature will only be available when the ACM code is released?

On the idle speed, what is a typical rpm setting? I have the 12" kit. I notice when I'm flying and descending that it is less stable and some times wobbles back and forth but nothing hard to control. Maybe with an idle speed set, that will happen less.
  • If you have the GPS hold working then you can set up the failsafe on the receiver to switch GPS hold mode on when it loses signal. at least that gives you a chance to get back in range or rectify the issue.
  • Ideally if we have a magnetometer and gps then if it loses radio contact it should just try to fly home which in some cases would reestablish radio contact, assuming that distance was the problem. Is that something hard to code or waiting on some other feature?
  • When I arm the motors should they spin at a low speed? Mine don't spin at all until I increase the throttle. Is that the correct way? I noticed in some of Jani's video's that when he arms the motors they spin at an idle speed.

+1

I'd like to see the response here. As far as I know, current ArduCopter failsafe is a death sentence...

This reply was deleted.

Activity