I have successfully built an API that will work with Ipad/ Iphone and will be able to port it to Android. This app can create missions, follow live mavlink .9 (Still working on 1.0) data with telemetry data. Cool thing is that it is a cheap cable to make. I want to know how many people would be interested in this App and the cable. There will be two versions one for jail broke devices that will have a few extras and for regular IOS and Droid OS. If there enough buzz I will give a lucky few in couple weeks a free beta pass through iTunes to be able to test and use for flight. What the app does is that it send a mavlink message to the xbee or 3d radio back and forth so you be able to fly and track using your tablet or phone.

https://code.google.com/p/airmavgcs/ 

Project Home

3690943318?profile=original

3690943370?profile=original3690943422?profile=original3690943404?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• *Update. Apple Map sucks to much problems with IOS6 hopefully they fix it because with HIL test plane is really off course with X-plane. Hopefully google maps will return.

• Hi Zac, my name is Sheldon. I wanted to know if there is any advice you could give me on the Hexicopter from Udrones. I want to fly it using my iPhone or iPad. I'm waiting on my copter to be delivered in a few days and I don't have a radio for it, so I wanted to use my iPhone. Please help!! You can email me if you have the time. Sheldonstankevitz@yahoo.com
    I appreciate anything you can do.
  • *Update. Have my hands on IOS 6 and working on intergaration with new frameworks such as maps. Will be able to have a 3d map On the HUD. Did a couple of hardware changes to the board to include bluetooth 4.0 for new devices. Sending out board design to board makers soon. Got schematics from apple on the new connection type for the Iphone 5 since the 30pin is gone and the adapter they made will still work with the AirMavGCS module. To add this will be a serious GCS on the ipad/iphone/android devices. Software release will be TBD. Hardware release should be sometime next month if chips are in. Mavlink protocols work will and send live data really quick with the 3dr radios, Xbees lock up everyonce in awhile as they always do. However, the 3Dr radios work the best I learned with bench test. Working on Mini Skywalker aircraft with APM 2.0 to do some test flying soon. I will include a cmd feature to the apps to be able to send custom commands to the APM or the P4X autopilots for loops and rolls to have the plane do tricks in the air. I forgot to add you can also use this module on your pc to have a wireless connection to the antennas. For example you can have you computer in your hands and have the module on a pole to increase distance. That all now.

Zac

• *Update. Had my kid on last thursday and havn't had a lick of sleep. Project will be recontinued next week and hardware has arrived. Just need to solder it and test.

• Update* Really no update since new kid and stuff. I been working on hardware design to change a few things on the radio module. Apple is being slow. I be sending new mods to pcb board maker and have them made few days. I havn't work on the code much this week or probley next week. However, I made a internal server for the Ipad and iphone that will be able to store missions and maps of the area. I trying to see about video where the HUD would go. So there be HUD or video options. I have a design in mind and will post it in the near furture for your DIY folks. The version1.0 radio module for function test where successful. So for the folks I pick for testing I be asking for more info soon.
    Thanks
    Zac

• Hello Zachary,

i am working on a Mavlink generator (from Mavlink xml files) for Java...

Perhaps we can have some common work? :-)

I am very interesting by your Android version, is it possible to see your code in your git repository?

Best regards

Guillaume Helle

• Update. I been working on mavlink and got messages being sent to the APM to follow the functions. On the onscreen AirMAVGCS screen the modes will be easy access and also be able to return home faster. The hud math needs to be fixed a little declination is little off because depends on area. Will put function in there to look for your current location then download you asimuth correction so that the map and plane are in the correct area. Sorry havn't post any code trying to get this to beta testing then code will be released. Once my module is approved I will have them tested and then up for sell and they will work with jailbroke and non jailbroke device. So if there is a another program that someone else has created for iphone or android they can use this module. This will have the MFI iAP chip buildt in the radio so it will work with any IOS device. The API will be added with the beta code when the app ready for testing. I have testers on my contact list and will send a email sortly. At this time everything is closed until beta is released.

• *Update. Have main GUI and Hud done. Waiting on Apple since new contract was signed and sent. Also, working on a Mini Skywalker UAS with FPV and APM2.0. Really small plane full of test hardware and modifications that could provide usefull.

• Very nice!  

I'd want to run it with a non-jailbroken iPad2 (my wife uses it, so jailbreaking is verboten).  

• Hi Zachary,

will it be possible for other developers to produce and publish apps against the hardware you are developing?(i.e. will the libraries be available? will Apple permit this? etc)

For instance, I would be interested in making the iPad Ground Station I am iterating on available: http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/ipad-ground-control-station

This reply was deleted.

Activity