Replies

• The guys at DroneDeploy love this camera as their system is able to control the camera over WiFi real-time (it also feeds the images back to your phone via the 4G LTE network).  For mapping, you can get away without a gimbal and just fix it to your frame.  While the camera is almost a perfect fit for drone use, I figure the time spent figuring out how to control it isn't worth the loss of 150g or so (depending on your system).  I wouldn't be surprised to see a commercial interface surface in the market.  There are several other "lens cameras" as they are called by Sony, Kodak and some Chinese copycats. 

• Anyone using this camera yet?

It is not obvious from online info if video out for preview is available via the USB.

Clearly the video out via wifi presents problems with out normal RC gear.

• no video over USB. However play memories remote has a quite good preview (unfortunately 2.4 wifi)

• Hello,

I have one, still a work in progress due to gimbal poor setup. I have to suppress vibrations before going forward.

With a Sigma 19mm, weight is 350g. Wifi did not interfere with R/C setup but is not usable for in flight monitoring (no range). There is a pseudo usb plug to connect remote or video out. I have a VP-Systems remote ready for it.

I expect to use it for photo, not video.

Marc

• You shouldn't need a gimbal unless your trying to change where the
        camera points. I'm in the midst of researching the QX1 for a aerial photo
        platform too. This may be of value to group.

• Is that s Multiport usb? Will it trigger the camera?
        I'm surprised it's so heavy. I have an a5100 with a Sigma 30mm and its 420g. I thought it would save more weight, but it's still significant. The next step is to remove the battery and replace with a voltage regulator.
        Keep us posted!
  • The camera body weights 216 g but you need to attach a smartphone in order to be able to run timelapse application from playmemories (intervalometer for mapping) so you'll have at least 300 g.

On the other hand you have Sony A5000 with a body that weights 270 g.

I don't see the deal, only if you want to risk your smartphone too.

This reply was deleted.

Activity