wireless GPS data transfer through MAVLINK and PIXHAWK

Hello everyone

I'm facing the following problem: a stationary (on the ground) GPS + an arduino MEGA + an RF link at 433MHz configuration, produces,  parses, recombines and transmit through the RF its GPS position in the format:

<ID,11.111111,22.222222,33.33,hh,mm,ss,iter\n> 

where: ID: a 4-digit identification nr for the transmiting station

: 11.111111,22.222222,33.33 the Lat,Long and Alt respectively for the GPS

:next is the time and then the number of iteration.

This configuration is located away from the ground station, in an unknown location.

The RF link is a 3DR, 433MHz with serial and microUSB output for the receiver. The receiver of the RF link is on a drone, using a PIXHAWK uC.

Can someone please suggest me a way to interconnect the RF receiver on the drone to the PIXHAWK in a way that the received information in the above form to be retransmitted as-it-is (or alternatively, after parsing it) to the ground station (A windows 7 PC, running MP) through telemetry? I'm also using python code to control the vehicle through MP.

Thanking you in advance

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Chris! I'm thinking the following solution: to use an ARDUINO on-board on the drone, receiving in one of its serial ports the above string (<ID,11.111111,22.222222,33.33,hh,mm,ss,iter\n> )

the uC with the suitable software will parse the string again. Through a second serial port the uC will communicate with the serial4/5 of the PIXHAWK sending one-by-one the elements of the string. Is it possible to read then through MAVLINK these elements on the ground station?

• 3D Robotics

It's the latter. It's easy to use the built-in MAVLink protocols to transmit and receiver GPS data, but if you want to create custom strings you'll need to write custom code. 

Ioannis said:

After 100(!) views, NO REPLY means: either my question has an obvious answer, either it is very difficult to find a solution to the requirement? What is going on guys??????????????????

wireless GPS data transfer through MAVLINK and PIXHAWK
    Hello everyone I'm facing the following problem: a stationary (on the ground) GPS + an arduino MEGA + an RF link at 433MHz configuration, produces, …
  • After 100(!) views, NO REPLY means: either my question has an obvious answer, either it is very difficult to find a solution to the requirement? What is going on guys??????????????????

This reply was deleted.

Activity