Xbee xsc 900

Hey guys,

I've been having some trouble getting my xbee's to work (new at this).  Are xbee xsc 900's compatible with ardupilot, or am I doing it wrong? 

The rx and tx lights flash on both modules, but all I get are bad packets on the x-ctu utility range test. 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• they are compatible.

You can config them with x-ctu to a higher local baud rate than 9600 which improves throughput. but still their upper limit is 9600 over the air.

I'm not sure that x-ctu can change their local baud rate to 57600, if so, that might get everything working without recompilation of the APM.

Regardless, their limit is about 700 characters per second, you must change the default telemetry rates the APM wants to request down to 1hz, otherwise the data will stack up or get corrupted.

If you must change APM baud rate you need to edit APM_config.h (from the Arduino IDE) then upload to the board. Which means the entire tool chain must work: compile, link, connect to APM, talk to the bootloader, and upload.

• Is there a guide on how to change the baud rate in the APM_config.h file and get it uploaded?

Ive change the file with notepad but not how is it uploaded?

• Yeah I have the same question!

I can get my XSC's to talk to each other from one laptop to another but no go once I connect it to the ardupilot hardware. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity