Follow-me: Location offsets

Hi folks,

Is it possible to make Andropilot report the WP with an offset so that it can follow x meters behind me, x meters above me?

Another request would be of it to fly alongside me and look at me (90 degree yaw).

Are tricksy things like this possible?

Thanks

Crispin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWVhlhkPlPE&feature=youtube_gda...

After much followme testing on foot, this is the first time I put my transmitter down with the copter in air. Took 7hrs to upload the entire clip to youtube over cell network.
    It's an older clip, I've since gotten better at timing my movements to the quad's. Judging when it will turn around.
    Hope you enjoy.

Mike
  • What are the chances of Followme changing alt. based on my own change in altitude? Currently, as I decend, the copter maintains preset followme alt.
    Would such a thing be possible? Although unwise, and potentially crash-tastic, I've been trailriding on a bicycle with my faithful quad'following' closely behind. So far, I'm only able to ride (slightly)downhill. With alt. set to 1m at home point, I ride 250-300m then land from 18m up.
    Everything about what we're doing is awesome! Features are improving everyday, and new ones added constantly. Everyone is doing such great work. It is appreciated by all.
    My copter is taking an extended swim in Allstones Creek/Abraham lake. Heading back there this weekend to do a bit of fishing/digging if the water level has dropped. If it hasn't, I'll have to wait until spring. Flying over raging muddy waters is not smart, financially, but is definitely worth every nickel(May the Canadian penny RIP.) in the fun it provides.
    Looking forward to rebuilding.

Mike
  • T3

I'm actually the one that is supposed to be working on the look at me feature. I still plan on getting it finished but have been really busy with work and family related things. I do start riding in a van pool in July so I'll actually have about two hours round trip that I can work on stuff so it's one of the first things I plan on knocking out when the time comes.

• If you use Guided/Lead it  Mode  copter will follow you at a certain distance. You can set also the altitude where copter will follow you.

• Developer

yep! - It already does this.  It is called lead-it.  Go to the andropilot settings and set min/max lead it distance to whatever you want.  If !0 it will use the orientation sensor on the phone to keep the vehicle behind/infront of you (use pos/neg values for min/max as needed).

If min/max are not equal to each other the tilt of the tablet will move the vehicle fore and back.

• Crispin, that's something of interest. What communication protocol were you imagining between the Andropilot and you?

This reply was deleted.