APM 2.5 with EzUHF and Attopilot Current Sensor

This is how I did the wiring between EzUHF and APM 2.5. I'm using 5s lipo so I have to use the Attopilot current sensor. I'm not sure this is the right way to supply power to APM.

It would be nice to have a 3DR current sensor up to 6s or an Attopilot sensor which could also supply power to the board because now it is only a sensor.

I wanted to do the radio calibration last evening and it worked good at the beginning but after it started to loose connection with the computer and then it was completely unable to connect.

I hope I didn't fry anything. Could somebody please check the wiring if it is correct?

Thanks.3691274448?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your wiring diagram should work in my opinion.  Its basically the same thing as not supplying power to EZUHF and keeping JP1 connected.

I wouldn't try connecting JP1 if you are powering the input side at all (which you are per your diagram).  JP1 should only be connected if you are supplying power to the entire board from the output side and your power draw on the input side is less than 500mA.

Is it possible that your SBEC isn't providing enough power?

I'd try connecting the SBEC alone to the EZUHF, and connecting the internal BEC of the ESC to the output side of the APM, and keep JP1 disconnected.

• Yes, it should work but then I don't know what's causing the connecting issue. I'm using a Castle 10A BEC so it should provide much more than needed.

I know if I'm powering the input side as well JP1 has to be disconnected.

I'll try 2 setups:

1. connect JP1 and power the entire board from the BEC through Output rail.

2. disconnect JP1 power EzUHF from BEC and power Output rail from ESC's BEC.

With setup 1 the power draw on the input rail is: lights-100mA, Buzzer-120mA, EzUHF-don't know.

Thanks!

• Hi, no it does not provide power only Volt and Amper signal.

All the wires on the image include power, signal, and ground except the one from ESC.

Yes I did review it a few times but I just realised something. Probably I have to install JP1 pin because the Attopilot is not a Power Module and I was only checking the options with the Power Module. It is only a sensor.

Thanks!

I'll try to connect JP1 and only supply power from a 10A BEC on the output rail.

This reply was deleted.