APM Plane settings with mission planner ???????

How to start with the fixed wing i have done lot of multirotors but I'am new to the fixed wing can any body provide me the steps for making a fixed wing settings of the calibration and every thing which are mandatory settings should i do using mission planner , I have tried in the wiki I haven't understood as much as good still there is an video sorts in the wiki but its all in private can any body help me please ?

I got the frame from FPV Models But I'am waiting for the settings which are provided in the wiki i didn't getting anything from there its out of understand for me so can any body help me out in this sector

Thanks for all 

Yuvraj

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• APM and Pixhawk can fly remarkably well out of the box as long as all of your control surfaces are aligned and level and your inputs are correct, you have proper CG and you have performed good compass and accel calibrations. Auto Tune is your friend but always maiden bare bones without a flight controller first. Get the trims and CG adjusted on the airframe and flying smoothly before installing any flight controller.  The biggest reason I have seen in crashes with APM is failure to ensure proper control direction during Radio Calibration.  Just because the control surfaces operate properly in manual mode does not mean that they will automatically move in the proper direction in Stabilize or FWBA mode. Always check proper control surface movement (without a prop) in Mission Planner in all flight modes before putting your plane in the air.  You can use the reverse toggles in Mission Planner Radio Calibration screen to change them if needed. Be especially mindful of Roll and Tilt direction. Makes sure that the control surfaces are moving to compensate properly. These can be toggled in Radio Calibration screen also.  Also, Auto Tune relies on a certain airspeed before it will engage so adjust your minimum airspeed to whatever speed you feel the plane cruises nicely at prior to attempting an auto tune flight. If it is set too high the plane will dive for the ground in order to gain the preset airspeed and many will panic and not flip back to Manual and auger in. These are a few things I have learned the hard way over the years in dealing with APM. But I love the controller and tuned properly it really makes flying fun and safe and opens the door to much more.

• Any body help me how to do accelerometer calibration and compass calibration for the fixed wing ?

Help me 

Thanks for all 

Yuvraj

• Try here

LMGTFY
      For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than search it for themselves.
    • Thank you !

• Hi Yuvraj,

I started this game three years ago, things are alot easier now, but you still need to be prepared for a steep learning curve, crashes and spending some money!

Before rushing out and buying a plane like the one you have; Skywarrior 2030

3701855044?profile=originalYou could save yourself alot of time and trouble by following other peoples lead, the plane you have chosen seems very narrow to carry a camera for photo mapping! Many people have posted their experiences on this site, there are even Groups like the X5 users group. I would recommend you sell the plane on to a person who wants an FPV wing and do some research.

Look at 3DR and what they are now selling, its a SkyWalker2013, many people have posted information about these, the config files are available on this site. The Tx is similar, take a look at the FrSky Taranis, lots of people are using those and there are many videos online about setting up the mode switches, etc.

There are now over 50,000 people signed up to DIY Drones, with hundreds signing up every week, you can't expect an anonymous person to spend three days supporting you step by step, its all here on this site, just take your time and read the blogs, watch the videos, go out and give it a try, but be prepared for some mishaps, its a learning experience.

Alternatively, spend $5,000 with 3DR for their new mapping drones, but you will still need to learn how to use them and be prepared for some situations!

Best of luck,

Keith,

• Thanks keith for you best and honest suggestion to me I will do my homework and I will try to resolve my problems which I'am facing right now , you said right there is available some videos in online/youtube but nobody explaining the value of mixing (aile/rud/ele) etc....if you found any videos please provide me those so that i can start my stepping stone from right now .

Yuvraj

• You do not need to worry about mixing, unless you're going to use a Delta wing, if you do use a Delta Wing, then information about mixing can be found on FPV forums, or in the resepctive Wings user Group, so join some of the Groups on this web site, like the Z2, X5 or X8 Group, Photogrametry, Agriculuture, etc.

Search YouTube for videos on Taranis mode switches, also read all the information on the Ardupilot web site; APM Plane

Get a FrSky Taranis Tx and a FrSky Receiver like the X8R, PixHawk AutoPilot, 3DR GPS with compass, Digital air speed sensor with Pitot Tube, 3DR radio 915MHz or 433MHz for Europe.

Decide which airframe, motor, prop, ESC, batteries 3s or 4s, 5V BEC to power the Autopilots servo rail.

Then a good camera like the Canon SX260HS and a CHDK trigger, or Sony NEX5N with IR trigger?

Gimbal or just velcro to hold the camera down?

Laptop or Android tablet 4.0 or higher, check the Droidplanner or Andropilot web sites for tablets that are known to work with the 3DR radio module.

There are many posts on this web site, search in Google for "best plane / drone / fixed wing UAV for photomapping", Google is the best way to find Posts on DIY Drones!

Best Regards,

Keith,

• I have decided everything just have to plan and one more thing for the long range module for the frsky taranis which one can suitable can you prescribe me in that ?? Like Rmile...etcc I need range upto 15 kms if any please let me know for this transmitter !!

• Due to UK regulations, I do not fly further than 500m.

FPV forums have information about long range RC equipment, some people have done long range flights on this forum, you can use 3G mobile phones, there is a 3G user group.

Cheers,

Keith,

• Thanks for you reply

Yuvraj 

This reply was deleted.