powering APM 1.0

hi,

i just recieved my APM 1.0 kit. i m just wondering how to power up this kit. do i need an additional battery for kit or the battery attached to the RC receiver would suffice. moreover, how do i connect battery attached to RC receiver to the rail of APM kit and what is the need of ch5 of RC reciver attached to in8 of servo rail(autopilot control)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The APM is meant to be powered via the outputs by the ESCs because most if not all have BECs built into the ESC. It will also be powered by USB when connected. The APM is designed to power the radio via the inputs. I think connecting the battery to the radio and backfeeding is not good, further, most ESCs do have BEC and this would then attempt to charge the battery which could be VERY BAD. Please follow the wiring diagrams which basically show this.

http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot-mega/wiki/RC 

You'll see that there is no battery or power input other than the ESC.

• Hey Dexter,

Please read all instructions before asking any questions. All the answers that you seek are waiting for you on the set up page in the instruction section or in the discussion section of this site.  Thankyou.

This reply was deleted.