Replies

• I have lately shifted to EPP foam wings. they are so ROUGH and TOUGH. just toss them anywhere. you can even step over them. they fly beautifully. only thing that while trimming in manual mode they need about 3 degree of permanent up elevons on both side. I have peen flying nito plane pop-wing 1200mm. I have done several auto flight and almost all of them perfect.

• @Thomas, I have a long stading problem, when I launch my flying wing in AUTO takeoff mode, the plane climbs perfectly at the selected pitch, but when aircraft reaches the desired altitude and turns to Waypoint 1, the plane looses height by 20 meters before climbing to Waypoint 1 altitude. I cannot think of any solution. this happens with all of my aircrafts. I am using AP3.1.2

• Crady, when u setup the elevons there would be two choices. use the choice in which the RC Tx is set as a normal 4 servo aircraft (rudder/ele/ail/thro). Let the APM do the mixing for elevons even in manual mode. by choosing this mode the software uses full deflection for the control surfaces when in  Auto mode. so set ELEVON_MIXING=0 and ELEVON_OUTPUT=1. this way setup would be much faster in configuration of aircraft. I had been flying wings for last one year. Do enable TRIM_AUTO and trim the aircraft in manual  mode and then switch to FBW for a while. after trimming disable TRIM_AUTO.

• I didn't know that.  Thanks for the tip, Ravi.  

• Here is a link to my post on RCgroups that shows my FX-61 with removable wings and vertical fins. It breaks down nice and small to fit in a box that can travel anywhere with me.

Quite straightforward to do when building, adds negligible weight.

Good luck!

FX-61 removable wings and fins mod

• from the guys who built the FX-61 also comes the FX-79 Buffalo, a 2m, just under 79" but is collapsible, into 3 pieces, it has long range and heavy payload capabilities.
    - http://www.newzeta.com/FX-79.html
    good luck
    ZETA Science FX-79 Buffalo
  • Just stumbled upon this company. Worth a check I guess: http://www.birdseyeview.aero/

• Wicked bit of kit!  I love that they're using an actual chain drive =D

• Have you ever considered the RV Jet from Range Video? Breaks down to canopy and separate wings. Keep the original packaging as you can use it for storage, Can have a gimbal in nose.... Competition can be found at Hobby King, but nose is not as good... 

Any way you go, consider launching either discus style, but that will be difficult considering weight, or bungee resp. catapult.

Rear pusher blades act like a blender to your hand / wrist / arm and launch success is no way comparable with elastic cord crafted launch.

Check GeekShow channel on uTube for fixed wing launches with bungee cord fixed to car.

There are other solutions for fixed wing frames (planes) that can break down to transportable/stowable dimensions.

Will apreciate your feedback on what works for you.

This reply was deleted.