New Y6b owner with transmitter troubles

I will try to be concise and accurate. I purchased a fully assembled and calibrated Y6b with a Turnigy 9xr mode 1 transmitter. Job number one was to mechanically change it to a mode 2 by swapping the spring with the tensioner. Fun times. To be clear I did NOT swap the sticks or alter any wiring. I then went into the setup menu on the 9xr and changed over to mode 2. I assumed incorrectly that this would result in a perfectly functioning aircraft. It will only arm if I hold both sticks down and right. Throttle was STILL on the right stick which is now spring loaded! Good thing the props are off.I am absolutely certain that this is a fairly simple problem to fix but my inexperience is rearing its head already. How should this be attacked? Reprogramming the transmitter from scratch? Changing a couple of values? Of course, any help would be greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Try switching channels with the right and left stick ... might be easier to use mission planner and recalibrate your transmitter , that way you'll see what's up with your radio and also a motor and transmitter recalibration since you switched channels .
This reply was deleted.