Hi guys!

I bought a 3DR Y6 some months ago. I purchased LOTS of spare parts in subsecuent purchases, but neglected the purchase of the actual Y6 DIY "body" (it was like 62 USD and provided the whole fiberglass planes, LEGS (ehem), arms, bolts, nuts ....)

As Murphy dictates, two weeks ago I serioulsly crashed my Y6 (you can see it at the end of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qN3oQT1wIg

... breaking  in half all Y6's THREE LEGS (no legs now!!). So I went into 3DR store and placed one 2013 DIY Y6 Kit into my cart. But then also I had some questions regarding my minimOSD and data display, so I opened a ticket on their support.

Since I was talking with them thru support, I did not actually clicked on the "CHECKOUT" button, waiting a couple of days to see if I had to purchase something else, or they gave me any kind of money back due to another situation, I will post separately, because it deserves it.

While waiting their answers, I realized that the DIY Y6 KIT 2013 I had in my shopping cart was gone, I searched their store, only to see that all individual parts, nuts bolts, separators, etc.used in the 2013 Y6 where deleted from the store. When I asked them, 3DR told me they are NOT selling it anymore. OUCH!

Several questions arise:

1) Did anyone tried to transplant electronics, motors, etc. from 2013 model into a 2014 model chassis ? I am particularly concerned about the "flight computer" as the 2014 is designed to use the new PIXHAWK, but I got the old 2.6 arducopter CPU. I ** THINK ** it is just the same, both go glued in the same place, nothing to worry, but anyway ... anyone ?

2) Legs! I am about to build some emergency legs out of PVC tubes, but it doesn't hurt to ask: Is there any other source of legs for the 3DR Y6 ? I assume that anyone with a cutting plotter, or handy at fiber glass cutting could fabricate them.

Last but not least, a rant about 3DRobotics: I purchased my Y6 some months ago. it is not a "cheap chinese copter" ... I assumed they would carry at reasonable price, some parts for some time, or at least give some kind of warning about "taking the older parts" out of their system. I actually HAD one 2013 DIY KIT in my shopping cart, when they "eliminated" it from the system (and from my cart).

Regards, and excuse for my poor english,

Enrique

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• What a bummer..:-(

• I checked on Canada Drones and they still have the Y6 conversion kit in stock.

http://www.canadadrones.com/3DR-Y6-Conversion-kit-p/3dr-y6-conversi...

-Mike

• Yeah Mike lets shop at Canada drones and pay the expensive shipping ??  Canada drones has a  nice shop but 3DR should not be having customers shop elsewhere because they can't keep there stuff in stock..

This reply was deleted.