Replacement CF props for Y6B 10 x 4.7 SF and SFP

My 3DR Y6B has gone through several APC 10 x 4.7 props, no fault of the props. I've had several good flights now with no broken props so would like to experiment.

Does anyone know or have a recommendation for good quality CF props to replace the SF and SFP props for a Y6?

Thanks.

I'm basing my curiosity on this:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1991794

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have that same gimbal and you are right it won't fit with stock legs. I bought the smaller gimbal just to make it easier. I get great "no jello" video with it and it balances with the 4s battery very well. I attached a picture of my gimbal setup.

photojpg.jpeg

• 300km

My camera is a NEX5. I've got the smallest gimbal I've seen that will hold that.

• I have switched to the GemFan Carbon Fiber 10x4.5 and they work really well (and the black looks nice on the Y6).  I personally like the performance of the 4.5 pitch over the 4.7 pitch, it feels smoother to me than it did with the APCs.  They're also relatively inexpensive if you want to give them a try.  I think my "local" hobby shop (100 miles away) sold me 6 pairs for about $30.

Disclaimer: I'm flying 4S with the upgraded 980KV (black) motors instead of the default blue ones, so that might make a difference if you're flying a 3S battery or the blue motors... 

• I meant to ask if you've had any props "explode". There are a few I've read that claim to have had that happen.

6 pairs for $30? The cheapest Gemfan CF 10x4.7 I can find is one set for $13.  I found a good source on Ebay for APC 1047.

• How are the 980KV working out for you with the 4s? I am running the stock blue motors with a 4s and the bottom motors run rather hot. I run 11" on the bottom and 10" props on top. 

• Mine is running 850kv with 4s battery.

Another question for me is the top prop is SFP (pusher) and the bottom is SF but the pitch is the same. Is the only difference one is CW and the other CCW? Or do they have different thrust characteristics?

What is the significance of the "slow flier" description?

I'm all for trying CF props but want to get the right ones.

• I don't think the SF/SFP have different thrust characteristics, but could be wrong.

The slow flier designation just means they are designed to spin at a lower speed and still push a good bit of air at lower forward flight speeds.  They usually have more pitch, a curved blade design, and can't be used on high-power engines like nitro motors.

This reply was deleted.