I am a little late to this forum!

I am building a 2014 3DRY6.  I got it a couple of year ago, but then got very busy, so only building it now. 

I am able to find the 3DR assembly manual on the web, but all of the links into the manual to the 3DR page are dead (such as how to do initial calibration).  As a general note I will say that many of the links on the 3DR page seem to be dead.

Is there an archive of the 3DR docs?  Does anyone know where I can find them?

Also, is there a good tutorial or 'intro for dummies'  to better understand this?  I am technically oriented guy (did engineering at university) but have no previous experience in RC quadcopters, so I am learning as I go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ian Graham

IRGraham42@gmail.com 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• And they the Mission Planner link is dead... 

Mission Planner is the software required to setup the Y6.  I found a link to it.

Below is a link to the latest version of Mission Planner on ArduPilot page is you need it:

http://ardupilot.org/planner/docs/common-install-mission-planner.html

• I found the link for the calibration instructions.  See link below.  They are under the X8 support page, but make specific reference to the Y6.

In essence:

- Download the mission planning software (http://3drobotics.com/learn/download_software/)

- Make sure props are not attached

- Update the firmware

- Run the calibration tests

I have not done this yet, so I am not sure if it actually works, going to do that now.

Ian Graham

https://3drobotics.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202780169-Calibration

• Thanks, good idea, I should have thought of that.  

ian

Stephen Seay said:

I bought the kit from 3DR a couple of years ago when they were on clearance.  I have all the manuals, but I don't know a source for downloads.  Email 3DR and see if they can point you to a source for a manual.

I partially assembled the Y6 and stick it in a box and haven't touched it since.  Someday I will get back to it or just sell what I have.  

• Thanks.  I will look that up.

Haygood said:

The Y6 uses an autopilot system called Pixhawk, which uses Arducopter firmware.  Pixhawk is very similar to the ArduPilotMega, or APM flight controller/autopilot.  So, any programming or testing you need to do will be covered in instructions for using Pixhawk.  So, try searching for "Pixhawk calibration" and you will find links on ardupilot.org and on Youtube demonstrating what you need to do.

These are still very capable machines despite their age.  Build it.  Fly it.  Good luck!

• The Y6 uses an autopilot system called Pixhawk, which uses Arducopter firmware.  Pixhawk is very similar to the ArduPilotMega, or APM flight controller/autopilot.  So, any programming or testing you need to do will be covered in instructions for using Pixhawk.  So, try searching for "Pixhawk calibration" and you will find links on ardupilot.org and on Youtube demonstrating what you need to do.

These are still very capable machines despite their age.  Build it.  Fly it.  Good luck!

ArduPilot Open Source Autopilot
    The most advanced open source autopilot for use by both professionals and hobbyist. Supports multi-copters, planes, rovers, boats, helicopters, ante…
  • I bought the kit from 3DR a couple of years ago when they were on clearance.  I have all the manuals, but I don't know a source for downloads.  Email 3DR and see if they can point you to a source for a manual.

I partially assembled the Y6 and stick it in a box and haven't touched it since.  Someday I will get back to it or just sell what I have.  

This reply was deleted.