Dear

i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3 motors does not start spin  but when i move my pitch than one of my motor start spinning too but my other two motors were not spinning .yet....than i connect my apm through usb and set the pre arm check to 0 . but nothing happen and my motor spin arm is set to 70 and one thing is that when i trim my throttle alll the way down from my TX than its arming other wise not arming . plzz tell me what the problem is 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Those are fine.

Hamza fayaz said:

APM 2.8 Armed (solid Red LED) but motors spinning slow
    Dear i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3…
  • https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Plastic-1045-unlock-Self-Pro...

these are my propellers ........

Plastic 1045 Unlock Self Propeller For Wholesale, Propeller Suppliers - Alibaba
    Alibaba.com offers 0 plastic 1045 unlock self propeller for products.
  • MR60

You should also see brand on the prop?  Like APC 1045?  Are they dual or tri-prop?

yes, 1045 means 10" diameter x 4.5" pitch (the amount of air it moves in one revolution).

if you can get your hands on APC 1047 SF (slow flyer) and 1047 SFP (you need two of the SF and two of the SFP for pusher). that's the most efficient prop in that size catagory.

https://www.apcprop.com/?s=10x4.7 

you can also search the internet for APC 10x4.7 or APC 1047 SF 

You searched for 10x4.7 | APC Propellers
  • dear my prop are of 1045 Size (i think it means 10 inch) and motors are of 1000KV and let me tell you that the esc which is powering my APM is little bit more heating up than other three ESC

• MR60

The 3S batteries will heat the motors up a bit more (even though the amps will be less ... has to do with efficiency of magnetic field containment and the fact that watts will be slightly higher).

Different props can help solve that problem.  Do you know the type and size?  If I've tested that size, I can tell you which props are more efficient at producing lift so you can fly with lower amps, volts, and watts.

The ship drifting forward only has to do with voltage when the volts are at 7.5ish and the volts are not high enough to allow the forward props to react enough to balance the ship.

Ship drift can also be caused by the ship not knowing what is level (battery placement impacts that greatly).

Glad that the ship is flying!

• Dear Forrest

Thankxxx for your suggestion i did not recieve my 3s battrey yet i will tell U when i get my battrey.

and i think you are 100% right that the issue may be of my battrey bcz as i charged my 2s battrey to 8.2 volts than my drone bcomes stable in air (i was shocked)  it was stable but drifting slowly in forward direction i dont know why it is drifting may be still one of my motor is little bit slow bczz voltage was 8.2  instead of 11.1 volt.... but this time as i rise my throttle above 50% my quad lifted up perfectly and i am happy now thank you mr forrest Frantz you helped me ...but i was after 5 minutes as i touch my motor it was heatup and the esc which is powering my APM was also little bit heat up is it normal to get heat up for motors and esc....... in short quad is lifting up when i charging my battrey to above 8 volts but if it is 7.4 volt charged than motors not moving good.....so thanxxxxx i am waiting for my 3s battrey

• MR60

Probably the use of English.

In my response, the header was "Normal" and the way similar to yours had the header "Other" ... and in my last response, i made an assumption that the reader would continue from your though above ... so not the best way to communicate. So I'll be totally clear.

1) Go by the drawing (usually not flawed)

2) Then go by the text (sometimes not well translated)

3) Then if that doesn't work, go by what others suggest.

The drawing shows:

- one wire going to 3 ESCs

- three wires going to ESC "R"

Ground wires (black) going to the ESC are not always needed.  I always use 2, the signal wire (usually white or orange/yellow) and the ground wire (black).

The drawing shows a red and black wire going to the servo "rail" to power the FCU.  This also assumes that the ESCs are the BEC type that have 5 VDC from the ESC (not all do).

So you are doing just fine.  If the ship flies, fly it.  Have you received your 3S battery yet?
    Hamza fayaz said:

Dear forrestt 

i am really reallly sorry i am still not clear with your past two reply about powering APM bczz i have sent a diagram of my powering way .. and you said i am doing wrong but in your reply the methods you gave me are the same as my diagram so what is wong with my method.

you said 

" - ESC BEC red wire from one ESC to power FCU and config the FCU to receive power from that source
      - Other red wires removed  "

the same thing i did  in my diagram that i removed red wire from all esc except one so what is wrong with my way...

and plzzz clearly tell me what to do.... and once again thannk you very very very muchh that you are helping me... sorry for bad questionss

APM 2.8 Armed (solid Red LED) but motors spinning slow
    Dear i am a beginner i have set up each and every thing but when i armed my quad copter . motor no 1 satrt spining after 50% throttle whereas other 3…
  • Dear forrestt 

i am really reallly sorry i am still not clear with your past two reply about powering APM bczz i have sent a diagram of my powering way .. and you said i am doing wrong but in your reply the methods you gave me are the same as my diagram so what is wong with my method.

you said 

" - ESC BEC red wire from one ESC to power FCU and config the FCU to receive power from that source
      - Other red wires removed  "

the same thing i did  in my diagram that i removed red wire from all esc except one so what is wrong with my way...

and plzzz clearly tell me what to do.... and once again thannk you very very very muchh that you are helping me... sorry for bad questionss

• MR60

not according to that drawing ... as stated above, PWM signals are wave length not height critical, so ground, which provides the height reference point, is not always needed by the ESCs.

i also assume that the red and black coming from the Right ESC is what powers the flight controller. 

• 3702441505?profile=original

3702441470?profile=originalshould i connect the ground wire too ..... i am using hobbyking simonk 30A 5v2A ESC BEC

This reply was deleted.