APM Mode Values

What is the min. recommended value to be away from the PWM limits of other modes?

Even though the Flight Modes will switch within the Mission Planner, I have found during a test flight a couple of my mode values were too close to one another.  I realized the issue when I played back my tlog. There was only 6 digits between the 3rd and 4th modes, even though the PWM was within the limits of each mode.

I now have my values at least 20 digits away from the limits of the next PWM mode/s.  Will 20 digits be far enough away from subsequent mode's?  

I assumed if the modes switched within the Mission Planner (- within their range), everything was okay.  To my surprise, the unstable flight and playback tlog said otherwise.  Note:  The tlog showed my mode 3 (Loiter) and mode 4 (RTL) going back and forth until I switched back to Stabilize mode.

I will be testing, and hopefully correcting the problem tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

2013-08-17 13-44-57.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's some compiled shots.  Clip #2 was using loiter, but I had to stabilize the video due to the 25 mile mph winds.  All other aerial shots were in stabilize mode.

F550 (AeroXcraft brushless gimbal) and Arducopter 3.0.1

• I find it works more flawlessly when the set value is in the middle of the range for that given mode

• I try and get mine to be at the halfway point between the values. I know my Rx will drift a little (usually +/-3-5) so I NEVER go anywhere near the end points of the PWM modes. too Risky!

I don't want my craft going into an Auto if its battery is low, or going into a Land circle mode when I'm 6' from a tree!

This reply was deleted.