ArduCopter MTEK GPS3329

I have a APM v1.4a from Jdrones and a IMU Shield/OilPan RevH V1.0.

The problem is when i connect my GPS, Mission Planner says "NO FIX" and the blue light of the GPS module is always on. I tried to go outside to get satelite signal, but nothing happens. Can anyone help me solve this? Thanks

20150908_092941.jpg

20150908_093138.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hi Lucas,

try to check under the "Status" tab what the "gpsstatus" , "gpshdop" and "satcount" values are when the blue LED is solid. The GPS blue LED should blink when first powered (no fix) then after about 30sec max one minute from cold start the LED will go solid indicating a 3DFIX. If you check the gpsstatus it should then indicate 1 and the satcount should show at *least* 3 satellites for a 3D fix (usually more outside). If you read this data but the MP still reports no fix there is some issue with the settings but I doubt it. If the GPS module LED does not blink when cold booted but goes directly solid, I suspect it's faulty. Also, the RED LED on the OilPan should blink while the blue LED on the GPS is blinking and will go solid when a Fix is achieved by the GPS: this translates to a fix in the MP (gpsstatus = 1) so NOFIX should not be displayed.

• Hi Luca,

The blue led goes directly solid, I checked the values for "gpsstatus" and is always 1, but the "satcount" value is 0. "gpshdop" is 99.99. The red led on the OilPan is blinking always too. It can be a faulty GPS module?

•  By the looks of it I would say yes. The blue LED on the GPS module is directly connected to the 3DFIX output line (pin 5) from the GPTA010 GPS chip assy (MT3329 chip) mounted on the GPS board - this LED MUST blink with 1 second intervals when immediately powered. If not, the GPS CHIP has failed  (shorted due to ESD or some other failure) or - very unlikely - the MT3329 firmware has been customized which I doubt.

• Thanks for the help, Luca. I'll try to buy another GPS board, because i dont think the firmware has been customized.

This reply was deleted.