The first flight went pretty well, tested stabilize,  moved forward, switched to RTL and it came back, flew backwards to get home, I assume thats normal, was not sure if it would turn and face me or not.

The only thing I found to me, for my preferences stick forward/back/right and left were a little "quick", I would not mind slowing it down a little because I do a lot of photography. Throttle seemed good for me.

What do I change to slow down the stick response to be less reactive?

Gimbal is working, going to try waypoints tomorrow.

Thanks everyone!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• To make the sticks less sensitive around centre and still maintain full control at full throw add some Expo to sticks in the Tx.

It will be in dual rates settings usually, try about 20% first and see how it feels, if not enough add more.

Careful you go in the right direction as wrong exponential adds sensitivity in the stick centre.

Your Tx manual should cover the settings and how to enter them.

• Regarding the yaw, there's a setting, I believe it's called "waypoint yaw behavior", in the advanced settings part of MP.  You can tell it to face the next waypoint, maintain current yaw, etc. One of the settings controls which way it faces during RTL.  Sorry I can't be more specific, I don't have it in front of me.

I believe you can adjust the range of your sticks on your TX.  I'm new to all this so I may be totally wrong, but I know that on my Spektrum DX6i I can limit the throw through software. If you do that remember to recalibrate the APM radio settings. I don't know if there's a similar setting on the APM side, perhaps "input scaling" or something like that.

Good luck

This reply was deleted.