Flight Errors, Hardware Faults and .... LOGS!

So I have been ordering various clone parts from Ready To Fly Quads (RTFQ) (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/). I ordered an APM clone, a telemetry clone, Ublox 6M GPS clone and a power module (without any ubec)...

So far, I have had good 'luck' with the APM clone. It works the way it should and the telemetry clone (i think)... what is going on now is what I believe is  power failure eminating from the Power Module from RTFQ. So far I have wrecked a brand new 450mm quad twice breaking 1 motor, several props, and a total of 3 arms...oh and now a sony FTP cam too... What happens is it works beautifully for a battery or two. Then, on the third battery, I get it up in the air and all the sudden all communication is dead and the quad just drops to the ground. F*******K!!!!

3691079489?profile=original

So now I am not only super pissed at myself for something I don't understand, but pissed at RTFQ as I know everything is set up correctly. In fact, on this last run I removed everything but the APM/Receiver and Power Module. I have never had a problem like this.

Anyway, I dumped the logs and now I am trying to make some sense of all this from the APM's perspective and I am finding out that even after reading Shyam's nifty tutorial, I have no real way of doing my own analysis here. I am going to upload the last log and see if anyone (perhaps Shyam?) can make sense out of wTf happened here, although I am putting my money on the RTFQ crap Power Module...

ANY help here is TOTALLY appreciated (in fact --- thanks in advance!!)

--mark

2013-11-21 15-30 11.log

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here is a close look at what I think might be the problem. I cant be sure as of yet as I still have to learn to read the  APM logs. Going to do that this morning.

If you look at the picture, I have mounted the power module (PM) to the side of the bottom plate of the quad frame. This would seem to work well, as it is positioned close to the incoming power connection where I soldered it to the board.  I am showing the before/after shots of tape being removed from the actual board. It was flying around with this tape on it to protect it from the elements. I did this because I dont like the idea of using XT60 connectors like what most are selling which adds more weight and points of failure.

My only guess is that this PM is getting too hot or something and failing? Maybe I am running up the wrong branch...or tree!

Going to figure this out this morning. Batterys are puffing and I am getting really frustrated. Help is ALWAYS welcome.

Cheers all.

--mark3692884936?profile=original

• I had a quick look at your logs but to me it looks like that you may not have had a brown out. The logs show altitude returning to zero ground level. With power fails the logs just stop eg for the altitude parameter ..in mid air (10m) 

Why you failed , now that's beyond my pay grade !

This reply was deleted.