Flight time of a 3DR robotics X8 model 2013

Hello,

I am using a 3DR robotics X8 model 2013, with 2 batteries in parallel( each one: 4200 mAh, 3 cells. I get a flight time of 7 minutes (voltage drops to 11.1 V). I always have an additional weight of 300 grams. I need more flight time. Do I have to change the batteries? buy a new one with 10000mAh.

Thank you

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good question.

My friend is looking for 60 minutes flight time drone to film wedding ceremony.

• For that on a multicopter you are looking at around $10,000+ a very large machine to hold any decent camera (like 36in props), if your friend is an experienced pilot you should consider a Gas Helicopter with a 700 T-rex you could get up to around 4-6 hours of flight

• I built a team black sheep discovery pro with the long arm endurance kit pushing 15in props from aerial mob. It will haul a go cam on a 2 axis gimble and pack 3- 4000 mah 6 cells for a flight time of 50 minutes at 5280 ft above sea level. TBS says it will fly for an hr. I dont know of another drone that can fly for that long. Im lucky to get 20 min from my inspire.

• What flight time does a stock 3DR X8 get with a 10,000Mah 4s Multistar and a 300g payload, not just loitering, but mapping at a typical speed?
    • safely probably 12 to 14 minutes.

• I would switch to a 4 cell. The turnigy mulitistar line has decent weight/capacity. I believe the X8+ comes with a 10k mAh in the box.
    • Dont buy the multistar from 3dr! way too much! Hobby King for a fraction of the cost. I bought 5 of them.

• All you need to do is to check voltage of every cell in fully charged stage

and in discachrged stage ( 11.1V ).

Thousands of used tablets go to trash due to problems with Li-Po battery

the same with Li-Ion batteries in laptops, smartphones.

• Developer

That seems pretty short with 8400mAh already but I believe you of course.  Bigger and with a higher C value to keep the voltage from dropping so much seems like a good idea to me.

This reply was deleted.