How is this guy getting this FPV range/ battery time?

Not sure what this guy is using to accomplish this fpv run but I have never seen anyone go that far off. He must have a huge battery and a super powerful transmitter. Looks like he is just running stock stuff from the beginning of the video but what do I know. Pretty entertaining anyway ;)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That's quite incredible for FPV.Given the built up area, the trees, and the sheer range...it's excellent. I'm still trying to work out how he managed it - even 1.2 would struggle to penetrate some of the obstacles on this flight.

Also, the guy appears to be quite a good pilot too; yes, it's gimballed, but check out his moves - a good operator, and very smooth, even through the trees. (ignoring the bit about flying over built up areas, of course). For example he is able to follow the jet skier, at the limit of the range, even down low. That's not possible by autopilot, and only doable if you have good video.

• He appears to fly from the tower near the end at time 6:54, sure would help to explain FPV range.

3692863510?profile=original

• Well I have a AGA Power 5500 mAh in my f550 (6 motors) using stock DJI motors weighing in with and APM 2.6, FPV, Gimbal and Sony Camera at 2400+ Kg (5lbs+) and get 10+ min on a brand new battery.  If he only has 4 motors, a light camera like a gopro and using waypoints at least part of the time from an APM or Wookong I would see this not being a problem at all making a 7 min flight with room to spare.

To me the landing was super impressive, I would have hit all those trees :-D

• Yes, I know about that, but that is a purpose designed, SUPER light, highly optimised quad. Much respect for doing it, but lets add some payload and see how far you get.

• PLEASE PLEASE understand I am not trying to start a flame war, but I feel the following has to be said.

So this guy is a freaking hero right now with wonderful footage of his home town and surrounding areas. right?

So now everyone is asking about where they can get big batteries to do the same , right?

WRONG!

Watch the video again, and consider the following scenario. At 3:00 into the video, everything is going well, but unfortunaltely the quad clips the powerlines at the power station on the right hand side. The quad falls to the road below hitting the windshield of the bus passing below. The driver of the bus gets such a fright that he veers the bus sharply left, instantly killing the family of four walking on the sidewalk before crashing into the elecrticity pylon, sending the entire town into darkness. Elsewhere in town there are other major injuries and death because the streetlights went out etc etc etc.

Come tell me this is an impossible scenario. COME ON GUYS! When flying your machines, PLEASE think " what is the worst thing that could possibly happen??" Go fly your long distance quad over a remote forrest / waterfall/ /ravine. There are MANY places just as picturesque. In my mind there are way too many "cool" (sic) videos showing amateur, as well as Commercial operators simply "Going for the shot" without a moments thought about liability or personal safety. TBS, Im calling out out on this one.

Who thinks I am being over paranoid? After all is not like there have been any posts of random flyaways or unexplained crashes involving quads lately...

This is certainly quite the range. I wonder what radio link he is using?

• well I think it is easy to explain.

this guy is definitely using MISSION  on APM or different autopilot system, He turned off RTL if RC signal lost and continues on mission. When hexacopter is back close to home he resumes control and go between the trees like he is fling all the time. 

For 7 minutes flight you need 4s 5000 battery ( max flight time 12min on DJI550 ( looks like he flies DJI F550 hexa )  with gopro brushless gimbal.It looks like he is going full ahead most of the time and his lines are exacly as he was using autopilot. I bet his OSD video is gone once he passed that 1st lake :)  and he pray to see his copter again 6 minutes later to finish mission.

gimbal.it
    This domain may be for sale!
  • This is the guy's video channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ARENDATOROVnet?feature=watch

He shows his rig on this video... just looks like a simple quad with a giant Zippy compact battery. I looked around HK but couldnt find anything that size. I am really suprised those DJI motors can carry that load. It looks like he is really stressing those motors.

Whatever, he is definitely making some interesting video of Thailand!

Man I got to catch up! My FPV videos are all less than a few hundred meters.

• I actually saw the complete 07:42 min video. Freaking amazing.. its like how some military experts are able to do 'Remote Viewing' of places with their eyes closed :) 

Remote Viewing:link.

Btw, want more from the same guy, eat this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOihwNLMTk4 :)

Beste,

Shyam

This reply was deleted.