MR60

How to assign a receiver channel as a pass-thru Pixhawk ?

Hi,

I would like to configure two radio channel of my receiver to pass-through Pixhawk on its RC aux channels (that is the RC9 to RC14 aux PWM outputs).

I found in mission planner the RCx_FUNCTION parameter which allows to define that RCx will be used as a pass-through output. But the question is how do you allocate which receiver channel will be passed through it ?

Thx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Hi Bortek,

The logic is that the pass thru works using the same RCx ouput number as the receiver channel. So if you want to pass through your receiver's channels 7 and 8,you go in full parameters list in mission planner. You look for the RC7 parameters group. You look for RC7 pass_thru param that you set it to a value of "1" (it is zero by default). Same operation with RC8. Do not forget to write the params (button on right side).

That's it. The receveir's channel 7 and 8 signals will then pass through respectively the pixhawk's outputs RC7 and RC8.

Then for it to work do not forget to power Pixhawk's servo rail with 5V ( a BEC) and do not forget to arm the safety switch to get the RCx ouputs going.

• Great stuff!

I assuming the assigning of passthrough will work for ezUHF as well? (12ch PPM)

• Thanks for the easy solution Olex!

• MR60

Thx Olex for this update. Indeed version 3.2 brought this new passthrough functionality which was absent or not working in previous version (when this post was initated). Can you show a picture or diagram of your SBUS cable connection on both ends : Pixhawk on one side and other side whihc receiver do you use ?

• No diagram needed, really. The connection is a straight patch cable from FrSky X6R receiver SBUS port to the RC IN port on the Pixhawk. No adapters, inverters or any such nonsense, the Pixhawk understands SBUS natively, no configuration required.

• Developer

Follow the discussion here, i did same request to the dev team.

• MR60
      Thx Marco
  • I think that's one of the reasons I like Futaba. I use sbus for PX4 and I'll have all 8 pins for channel 1-8 or 9-16 for choice, which can connect to other device.

• FrSky X6R & X8R can do the same, 1-8 or 9-16 pwm-out.
      Although the X6R receiver has 1-6 or 9-14 pwm-out.

As easy as 1-2-3 !!!

• MR60

That is a clear advantage Xin

This reply was deleted.