MR60

How to assign a receiver channel as a pass-thru Pixhawk ?

Hi,

I would like to configure two radio channel of my receiver to pass-through Pixhawk on its RC aux channels (that is the RC9 to RC14 aux PWM outputs).

I found in mission planner the RCx_FUNCTION parameter which allows to define that RCx will be used as a pass-through output. But the question is how do you allocate which receiver channel will be passed through it ?

Thx

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MR60

Looked at flytron but they do not have Jr/Taranis compatible modules.

Not sure about the legality of 868 MHz in Europe; why do you ask?

• nope, I'm using 915mhz

http://www.fpvmodel.com/dtf-uhf-deluxetx-transmitter-433mhz-openlrs...

unfortunatelly JR module version doesn't have filtering. 

flytron people are in Europe: http://www.flytron.com/16-openlrs

are you allowed to use 868mhz in Europe? 

• I have a Pixhawk with the SBUS input.  I configured the X8R in mode 4 (bind with jumpers between CH1&CH2, CH3&CH4 on the receiver)

Mode 4 configures the 8 Servo outputs on the X8R to be channels 9-16 plus telemetry is enabled.  The Pixhawk picks up channels 1-8 from the SBUS signal.  Pixhawk uses channels 1-8, the X8R routes channels 9-16 to the servo channel outputs on the X8R receiver so those channels can be used for normal servo outputs.  On the X8R receiver 1 becomes 9, 2 becomes 10, etc.

For my setup I only need 1 X8R.  I'm using channels 9-16 to control a camera gimbal, video switch, LEDs, etc.

• Brian I have a flysky th9x with frskh xjt module and x8r. Can you point me in the direction on how to add camera gimbal tilt and fpv camera switcher?  With the 9x can I connect the switch and gimbal into the x8r like you mention?  I'm new to this and struggling to get this all hooked up. I have a pixhawk. Any help?  The 9x is on stock firmware. 

• great info.

may I ask what are you using to convert the servo channel output into a "switch".

Something like this https://www.servocity.com/html/micro_pwm_switch__10amp_.html#.VQrf0...

for each channel ?

Thanks

Oskar

• thank you for this information!

• MR60
      Thx a lot
    • Artem,what about Graupner MX20 with gr24 rx?

• does it have a dedicated ppm port? if so, you should be able to grub pwm from the pwm pins simultaneously with ppm feed to your fc.  if no, than get a ppm-pwm converter, put y harness before it. this way you will have ppm and pwm for the same channels. I think it is better to keep FC to do only a singe task of control the aircraft/providing telemetry and control all the peripherals with another board or directly with the RC to take off any additional stress/work on the FC, thus providing more timing for crucial operations. 

EDIT:

or get FrSky Taranis with DTF UHF :) 

• Artem,yes it does have PPM  port,so I just grub PWM from PWM channel 9 and 10 for example(I have 12 channel in total) for pitch and pan control of my AlexMos 3ax gimbal controller

here is how everything should look

Simimple BGC  3.0.0  (322bit) connection diagram

SimpleBGC_32bit_Connection_Diagram.pdf

This reply was deleted.