How to set up Flight Mode?

Hi everyone

I am trying to use my Hitec Eclipse 7 transmitter (in aircraft mode) with the APM 2.5 so that I can set the APM flight modes (e.g.: loiter, alt hold, etc) using the 3-way "flt. mode" switch in my transmitter.

I have everything connected as per the instructions in the wiki (http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/APM2RC). When I do the "radio calibration", all the channels 1-4 work perfectly. Interestingly, though, and I'm not sure why, when I increase the throttle I see the "throttle" bar increasing as it should be, but simultaneously, I'm getting an increase in the values for the "Radio 6" bar. Also, even if I move the "flt mode" switch in my transmitter, I see no response whatsoever from the bars in radio 5, 7 or 8.

Any help with this would be SUPER appreciated... Thanks! :)

Lucas

PS: just in case, the Eclipse 7 manual is (http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Manual_Eclipse7.pdf)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Lucas - I have an Eclipse7pro and want to assign flight modes to preferably a switch mix - did you eventually find a solution?

Many thanks in advance.

• hello david i have an eclipse 7 can you tell me step by step how did you manage to use the 3 way switch for assign flight modes ? thanks best regards if you could send me to carido56@hotmail.com a really apreciate

• T3
    Unless you are actually flying a helicopter, you should use plane mode on your transmitter. Also when calibrating your radio make sure you try all the switches, just to see what actually is hooked up and working. I found out that my channel 6 was hooked to my flap switch and not the gear switch.

Good Luck,
    Richard
  • Sounds like your TX is setup for possibly some mixing function? Elevons maybe though you would have noticed the pitch and roll mixing on MP.

Double check that Airplane (ACRO) mode is really set for the model you using. When I had mine set in Heli, it was throttle mixing with Chan 5.. don't think it was 6.

-=Doug

This reply was deleted.