After near tree months I recived happy the Lidar Lite V2, but now I have a concern because, apparently is discontinued?

something wrong with this thing?

It's a risk to put on my quad? :(

Answer I recived: Lidar was purchased from Garmin, so It's going to re-appear under Garmin name.

Now is in the market Lightware, developing altimeters for Ardu pilot and helping rangefinders users in this forum ( http://www.lightware.co.za/shop/en/4-drone-altimeters. )

I changed the title because this post discussion content look's usefull for other rangefinders too.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I contacted PulsedLight about this a couple of days ago. Their reply mentioned the Garmin acquisition and said that LidarLite v3 will appear in the 2nd quarter of this year.
    • "What a pity, regarding all the work been done for integrating these sensors..."

price will be double now...

• That laser reaches 100 mts and Lidar 40mts, perhaps the same company have interest to produce something cheaper for hobbist with lower power.

• They consider this cheap...this is cheapest from LightWare..

• How much does the lidar unit weigh?

Does it take long to wire up?

• I was lucky to find the last one in the other side of the world and thank's to Silvertone to help me to recive it :) ; perhaps He still have v1 ones, http://www.silvertone.com.au/content/lidar-lite-legacy-version he don't going to recive the v2 anymore He think.

• Don't worry, Chinesse are going to do something if prices go too high ;) ,

• I have a Lidar V2 on my large hexacopter hooked up according to Ardupilot recommendations - I did not use the I2C interface.  It works great.

• Many thank's mark, can you share a photo how to attach to the copter? is better parallel or transverse like is the instructions video? I listened  the two theories,

little pitch to compensate flying position or completly looks down? 

This reply was deleted.