magnetic interference to pixhawk on F450

Dear all,

I want to assemble the pixhawk on my Dji F450 frame.

I read the guide on http://pixhawk.org/platforms/multicopters/dji_flamewheel_450, where the pixhawk is assembled between the top and bottom boards.

But I found most quadrotor is assembled with the FC board on the top of the central part, such as the FC is far from the power distribution board (PDB) and the battery. The battery is assembled under the bottom of the central part.

with my poor experience, I know the magnetometer should be far from the PDB, battery and the power lines of the BLC, such as to avoid the magnetic interference. 

But I am not sure whether the electronic components on the FC board (e.g. pixhawk) are also subject to the magnetic interference from  the PDB, battery and the power lines of the BLC.

could you please give me some suggestion? with that I could decide where to assemble the pixhawk on my F450 frame.

thanks a lot!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• hi, thanks a lot for your reply. I will mounted the pixhawk on the lower PDB,

• I have an F550 clone with an APM 2.6 FC mounted directly to the lower PDB. I'm having no interference that I can detect and everything is working fine. Of course the GPS and compass are mounted in a pod about 6" above the top board.

John
  • On my DJI F450 frame I use the area on the lower plate to hold a 3s 5000mah battery. It is the perfect size and holds the battery perfectly. Previously for testing I had the Pixhawk on the lower plate and the GPS/Mag attached directly to the top plate with 3M VHB tape. There was no interference and the change was for aesthetics only. 

This reply was deleted.