This is weird. I am seeing my altitude, ground speed, yaw and vertical speed as well as my position in the Flight Data screen almost immediately after I click on "Connect" in Mission Planner however the connection popup window gets stuck at "Getting Params.. (sysid 1 compid 1)" and after a few seconds goes to "connection failed". The Exception Details state that 644 packets were received but no parameter packets were received.... Connection works perfectly fine via direct connection to APM by USB and the issue I am having with the MavLink is with both the 915 and the 433mhz units.

Can anyone help?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PROBLEM SOLVED!

Here's what I discovered:

I am powering the APM output rail via the ESCs, the input rail via one Ubec and the Power Module. When I disconnected the ESC and kept the power module connected, the connection works every time. If anyone else is having this connection problem where you only get the telemetry and not the parameters, could you please comment on this and let me know if you too are powering the input rail via the power module as well as a UBEC from an ESC? It would be nice to confirm that this indeed is an issue.

All's working now! Thanks guys!

• Hi,

I am powering my APM over the input rail via one UBEC and the servos over the output rail with an ESC. With that I have the exact same problem as you. Sadly I couldn't solve the problem with removing the ESC power from the output rail...

I normally have the jumper j1 removed, but there is no difference with it on.

The mission planner is getting stuck at "getting params..." (the same problem with the Ardupilot app)

Any help would be appreciated! :o)

Thank you!

• Hello,

I solved it by myself.
      I saw that the remote radio had another build version of the firmware than his counterpart... (1.6 instead of 1.9) I had to downgrade to 1.7 and now it is working.
      How can I update the remote radio?

Sorry for the trouble!

• Hey,

the "interesting" part is now, that I managed to update both radios to 1.9 and now it is not working anymore (getting stuck at "getting params")......

???????????

• SOLVED! (but it was my own mistake...) :o)

I didn't removed the Tx cable from the OSD, after I installed the radio.

After I removed the green Tx cable everything works now like a charm!

I write it here, so that other can find the solution.

Thank you!

• Developer

you are only getting traffic one way. MP required 2 way traffic. check your wiring.

• Hi Michael, I have checked the wiring and everything is fine. I have now replaced the APM with another APM and am still getting this trouble. Actually, now I can connect and see the parameters but occasionally I get an error saying that it cant find something. For instance, when I do my radio calibration via mavlink I get "Failed to set Channel ..." for each channel. It fails on a lot of things. I have changed both APM and radio and all cables and still get this issue. Do you have any other suggestions? 

• by the way, none of this is an issue when I connect directly to the apm via usb... not sure if that helps any.

• Developer

try turning down your telemetry rates.

in the MP config screen.

• Hi Michael,

How far down? According to MP Config/Planner, I have turned the telemetry rates down to

Attitude 6

Position 3

Mode/Status 2

RC 2

Sensor 2

Now when I go to make a change on my channels, for instance, changing CH7 to Autotune, I get an error: "Set CH7_OPT Failed". This is after I get a notice that the  "CH7_OPT has more than doubled the last input. Are you sure?".

When I try to change it in FULL PARAMETER list instead of through the Extended Tuning, I get the same "failed" error.

It seems that any changes I try to make to the parameters via the mavlink fail...

I did boost the power of the MavLink modules to 20 and now it seems I can connect fully however I still cant make changes to the parameters via MavLink...

The platform is being powered by a lipo while making these changes, there is no USB plugged into the apm and the system seems to be fine except I cannot change anything.

And now, while writing this, I clicked on "refresh Parameters" and it is taking FOREVER for it to get all the parameters but at least it seems to be getting them...

This reply was deleted.