I was recently fiddling around the code for a while and decided to create a tutorial out of it so that others may find it useful. If I would have known this knowledge long back, I am sure I would have saved a lot of time since then! I find lot of beginners getting swayed and lack of knowhow on MavLink with respect to APM/PX4. Information on internet is scattered and not much of use!!
This will be "Step by Step" entertaining, PART - I of the series I plan to write.on:
What it Covers:
- MavLink, starting from scratch. What the hell is it and understand how it works with APM/ PX4
- Learn how developers think -> Arducopter communication with Mission Planner and vice-versa.
- Get a feel of 'How Stuffs works'.
Too much hype:) Well, this information has been collated from my experience and from internet. I know there is information on the new Wiki, it tells you what, I plan to tell you 'how'! :)
Please let me know if you found it interesting. If there is enough response, I will make another tutorial where I would add more 'Step by step' knowhow!!
- More on MavLink
- Learning Arducopter source code, Step by Step
- Making swarm (multiple) copters work with your 3DR Telemetry radio! I am working on it.
See attachment for [MAVLink Tutorial for Absolute Dummies (Part –I)]
Edit: Request you to post your queries over the forum directly, as it is not possible for me to address all queries I get by email!