Motor or ESC issue?

Hello everyone,I have a problem with my 3dr DIY Quad (running latest release) with mission planner 2 (Mac) setup with Taranis + X8R.Motor #2 does not want to play ball.With Pixhawk armed, prop does not spin like the others until a gentle throttle applied.At 40-50% throttle a beeping sound starts. It does not beep below that threshold.Copter wants to tip backwards when attempting take off.I have swapped ESC #2 with control to a different output on the pdb. No change.I have used a different ESC to drive the motor, no change.I have calibrated the ESC's "all at once" and manually calibrated ESC#2 with no change.You can see and hear the issue here:Is my setup problem ESC related?: http://youtu.be/EIIvVfpp2tA

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I would be very interested in seeing your video, because I am experiencing a very similar issue.
  • Unfortunately, Your video of the faulty motor is marked as private on YouTube. You have to set it as "Unlisted" or as "Public", so we can watch your video.

Have you tried your ESC #2 with an other motor? It's better when testing your motor to connect the ESC directly to the receiver (Forget the flight controller for a moment). If it works as it should, the conclusion is that motor #2 is faulty.

When you spin motor #2 by hand, does it have more resistance than your other motors? If so, you should try to replace the ball bearings of the motor. 

Otherwise, the problem is with the coils. If so or if it is too complicated for you to replace the ball bearings, it's best to replace the motor and use the axis of the faulty motor for replacement in case of a crash.

• Hi Sandro,

I have tested with motor #2 on ESC #4 and it reproduces the same fault. 

I have tried ESC#2 on Motor #4 and it behaves appropriately so I believe it to be the motor.

This test was done bypassing the Pixhawk and taking channel 3 direct from receiver.

It shudders at low throttle, and then beeping starts around 40-50% throttle and as I increase throttle from there it does not pick up any further speed and the beep turns into a long tone of unhappiness ha ha.

Any ideas what that could be? Video Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftfXZCHi_IY&list=UUDyOS2q7CLEP7...

This reply was deleted.