MOTORS option at setup does not work

I need to check my motors in Mission Planner's Terminal/Setup. Most options work but the motors option just hangs.

Do I need to plug the quad battery?

Three of my motors just beep, though I a sure they are clibrated correctly and my RC arms the motors ok, but only one works.

All was well, suddently this happened, so I am trying to check the motors

D

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mr. Chan wrote

So, I still don't understand, if you're following all of the instructions and using 3DR ESCs, they should calibrate fine.

Actually you are correct, there are two distinct set of tones/beeps for 3dr ESC:

1. 4 consecutive beeps+silence+ 2 or 3 rapid beeps, this works on some of the motors and fails on others

2. 2 consecutive beep + silence+3 rapid beeps, this works for all motors

Problem is both fit the manual on ESC calibration:

http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_ESC  

But I did not find any specific to 3dr ESCs.

• You've probably checked it, but I can mention it anyway. Do you have signal ground to each esc

• Yes, you need to have the quad battery plugged in, of course.  Otherwise how would the motors work.  The receiver also needs to be powered.

The "motors" command reads input from your RC transmitter, and turns the motors corresponding to the stick input.  It loops, doing this, but should exit when you hit "return".

MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE PROPS BEFORE DOING THIS.  Otherwise you're in for a bit of pain!

This reply was deleted.