- 1. If you have a power module and you are using servos Remove JP1.
- 2. Provide APM and receiver power via the power module connected to the APM’s power module connector.
- 3. The BEC of a single ESC must provide sufficient power for all your servos.
- 4. When connecting your ESCs to the OUTPUT connector clip the BEC power leads on all but one of the ESC’s connectors.
- 5. Or connect only the ESC signal wires to the OUTPUT connector for all except one ESC.
- And on that ESC connect all 3 wires to the OUTPUT connector.
I would greatly appreciate some more detail on the above procedure because I find no discussion using the red/black wire from the 3DR Quadcopter Power Distribution Board.
Is the red/black wire from the 3DR Quadcopter Power Distribution Board plugged onto the two pins along the 5V and Ground (middle and outer) rows of pins on APM 2.5′s Output side?
Does Step 2 mean using the six pin PM connection?
In Step 3 does the BEC of a single ESC provide sufficient power for two servos?
Step 4 - Really? Isn't step 5 the exact way the 3DR Quadcopter Power Distribution Board is supposed to be connected to the APM 2.5/6?
Could someone explain the camera servo signal and power setup using the 3DR Quadcopter Power Distribution Board with APM 2.5/6?
I look forward to a good discussion so to assist others with safely installing a 2-axis gimbal using current hardware. Thanks in advance!