I have built several quads with the pixhawk using an AR6210 Rx and the 3DR ppm encoder. Had an issue with one today that is baffling me. The Rx is getting power through the encoder. The monitors on the "radio calibration page are green (but no input response). When I press the calibrate button , none of the red limit lines appear. And i am getting no flashing blue LED from the encoder. I figured it was the encoder had gone south so I put in a new one. Exact same symptoms. Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My suggestion is only change the receiver your issue will be solved !

• I just got rid of the PPM encoder altogether and now use the satelite directly into the PixHawk. One reason I used the encoder was to be able to utilize a Dx6 with a copter and a camera trigger. Is there a way to change the input channel for channel six and seven the way you can with one through four. I don't have much need for tuning but would need to have "camera trigger". Also do you need the actual input channel in order to have the autopilot call out the trigger command? 

• Sounds to me like your receiver isn't bound.. The colors on the calibration page can be green but that just means the receiver may just be outputting failsafe values.  The green bars will change w/o going in to calibrate mode, so, if you're moving sticks and those aren't changing, no need hitting the button, something else isn't working.

When you have everything powered up, is the red light on the receiver flashing, or solid?

Flashing = not bound, likely in failsafe

Solid = bound and receiving data from transmitter

• it is solid. I suspected the same thing and even tested the Rx on a separate simple motor setup. Typically even if there is nothing plugged into the ppm encoder it still flashes blue. I'm getting nothing. 

• Check the connection polarity from the ppm encoder to the Pixhawk and with the receiver.
This reply was deleted.