Quad attack

Hi,

The day before yesterday, the weather condition were ideal for testing the autotune as I updated the firmware to 3.1.1.

After the flight, back to my workshop, I left the quad  on a table behind me.

In order to see the new PID, I didn't switch off the radio. As I flew far from my PC, I relaunched the telemetry connection. In the middle of dowloading the settings, suddenly the motors ran at their maximum speed, the quad hit my shoulder, and fell to ground after beautiful notches on my back and my shoulder.

There are no serious injuries for me and for the drone (one foot stand and a propeller)

I don't understand  the reason  of such reaction, it was disarmed, battery in good condition and no battery failsafe. A bug? Maybe....

Now the 3.1.2 is inside ;)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Why blips? I believe it is possible to initialize AVR timer OCs without glitches?
  • 3D Robotics

Can you please post the logs? Is it possible you accidentally armed it from the PC as part of those settings?

• Sorry, they are no logs, I erased the logs trying to recover it. I don't think I accidentally armed it. I just click on connect, I faced my PC  waiting for the datas.

• Are you able to list the exact actions you took from launching the copter to auto-tune, to the point where it took off from the bench?

This reply was deleted.