Quad does not take off in auto mode

Hello everyone! just yesterday for the first time i fly my quad. it was great. i put it in loiter mode it finely holded its location. but today i tried an automatic takeoff and landing. but no good result. my mission was:

take off at 10m altitude, loiter_time for 3min and land. I had gps fix and i marked the Home location. i armed my quad in stabilize mode then switched to auto mode and increased the throttle a bit and left the stick. i was expecting it would take off but what it does. it slightly increased the throttle but not enough that it would lift of and then there was no change. motors kept on rotating there on ground. However then i again change to stabilize mode took off the quad and change to loiter there it was all fine.

any one can help where it could have gone wrong because of what it did not take off automatically?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Can I ask you a question here, Randy

you said: "The autopilot learns the appropriate hover throttle from watching the pilot". Is it also concerning to auto land function? My problem is when I put LAND command after RTL command in MP the autolanding is rough and a copter is bouncing off the ground. Does learing an autopilot a proper hoover throttle before has an influence for descent speed during auto land? How to slow this speed down pls?

Regards

Brtz

• please someone! anyone having any idea! i have to do this auto mission tomorrow! give me some ideas how you do it?

• Developer

Maqbool,

The autopilot learns the appropriate hover throttle from watching the pilot.  So before an auto mission do a 15 second stabilize flight where you hold a hover throttle.  Then land quickly because if you land too slowly then the autopilot will incorrectly learn a very low hover-throttle as you descend.

• Also if it helps i am using firmware 2.8.1!

This reply was deleted.