Roll and Pitch Mixed-Up Mid-Flight

Tricopter Frame "X"

Firmware 3.1

GPS Ublox NEO (third Party)

Futaba 8FG

I took my tricopter today for a test on Alt_Hold and STAB.

Copter flew ok under light wind for 1-2 minutes then I noticed that my ROLL and PITCH got switched mid flight. When I tried to pitch (right stick up) it went right or left, when i move stick sideways flew black or forward.

I restarted the APM +2 times and after 1-2 minutes for each flight the same happened. My log is attached and I have no idea how to read them nor what to do. It flies ok and Roll + Pitch got switched after 1-2 minutes into flight. Yaw does not seems to have a problem

Any help will be appreciated. BTW I no longer get "Bag GPS Health" but I am only locking 3 Sats.

Thanks!3691090723?profile=original

3691090869?profile=original

2014-01-15%2012-51-00.tlog

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do u think is a simple mode glitch?
  • I had something similar happen when I upgraded to 3.1 with my tricopter.  I had previously setup simple mode using some switch setting and had forgotten about it. I never flipped the switch so my copter was never in simple mode.

Well some of the setup parameters changed for 3.1 so my left over setting now set my flight modes to simple mode.  Controls fine on take off - fly a few feet away - controls appeared to be reversed because it was in simple mode.

I should have defaulted by settings before upgrading - I was in a hurry and skipped that step.

• I am using "x" config which i picked from MP Wizard. Shouls i try "+"?
  • tri's can either be "x" or "+" on the accel gyro calibration page it ask if your tri is "x" or "+"

Are you using ppm or pwm with the futaba.
    Have you tried erasing and reinstalling 3.1? Maybe a file is corrupt
  • >>tricopter

>>x frame

I think I found the problem.

This reply was deleted.