Strange GPS Problem

I seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. I'm setting up a Pixhawk Lite with an lea6h gps. I installed 3.3 and it flies great. 

I'm trying to figure out why my lea6h does not work even though Mission Planner says I have a 3d fix and shows the correct position on the screen with 100 hdop and 0 satellites. The compass is connected to an i2c hub and both compasses calibrate fine and the light on the GPS is flashing like it is supposed to. The log shows the gps flatlined at 100 hdop. The log is dated 1980. I've tried everything I can think of except reinstalling the firmware and recalibrating everything. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks

Jerry

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I built another wiring harness from the GPS/Compass to the GPS, i2c. telemetry/OSD ports and that seems to have solved the problem. I tested it once after I could see satellites in Mission Planner and It loiter worked. On the second test with a new battery my 5 year old Turnigy 9x died in mid flight. Fortunately it was only about 3 feet off the ground and I only lost one prop. Time for the Taranis. 

Jerry

• So it was basically a wiring issue? What are your next steps for the Taranis?

• After trying everything I could think of, I thought it seems like maybe there was only a one way transmission to the GPS. While messing around with the plugs and the wires one wire broke so I decided to build a new harness. And yahoo that solved the problem. Then a bad esc reared it's head and one of the motors kept stopping for an instant and it would fall like a rock. I sorted that out and it flew beautifully for about 30 seconds and the radio died. It's been quite an effort to get this thing to fly.

Then of course the Taranis which has a learning curve like 90 degrees straight up. I was going to put it off until I had more time but all of the sudden I was grounded so I went for it. It took weeks to get it together. The problem was that a lot of the help and videos were not for the Taranis Plus with firmware 2.0.17. And when you don't know what you don't know it's hard to figure out why the tx screens online do not look like yours. Today is the day, as soon as the fog clears, to try it out. I have it setup for the Pixhawk with 6 flight modes and RTL on channel 7. Flight modes spoken and put on the TX screen. We shall see. Just from testing I can see that the Taranis feels so much smoother that the Turnigy 9X.

Jerry

This reply was deleted.