Throttle mid/hover.

In mission planner it tells me that my throttle hover is 649 or 64.9%. So am I right in assuming I need to set my mid throttle at the same 649?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found this.http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fsc01.alicdn.com%2F...
    Redirect Notice

• Clifton Hipsher said:

Well, if the real wold motor data is even close to what is published here:Mars Power 2212-920Kv, the problem with the current power system is the props...

To hover at 50% throttle each motor must make at least 325.25 grams of thrust. According to the chart I linked to, those motors were not tested with 1045's..

With that frame the longest prop you can use is 12", and if you use 12" props the aircraft should be over powered...

The charts I found were for 9 x 45 and 10 x 45. I'll check that out. Thx.
  • Well, if the real wold motor data is even close to what is published here:Mars Power 2212-920Kv, the problem with the current power system is the props...

To hover at 50% throttle each motor must make at least 325.25 grams of thrust. According to the chart I linked to, those motors were not tested with 1045's..

With that frame the longest prop you can use is 12", and if you use 12" props the aircraft should be over powered...

• Yeah I'm currently running,mars power 2212 920kv with 1045 apc props, 30 amp escs 3s 5000mah 30c lipo.hj 450 Frame, apm 2.8 with gps and telemetry. She has a take off weight of 1285 grams. My guess is the motors don't give the thrust that they say. I may do a thrust test on the bench. Oh and without the lipo I'm 850ish.
  • yup. :)

• Well, yes.  But more importantly MP is telling you the aircraft is under powered.  65% throttle just to hover coupled with an effective maximum throttle of 95% or so, leaves a scant 30% throttle for maintaining stability and maneuvering. 

If I were you I would either put the aircraft on a diet, or look into upgrading the power system (motors/props/battery)...

This reply was deleted.