Hello

and thank you for your great job in this community.

Today I had an unexpected crash with my quadcopter after 11 minutes flight for the second time.

With out warnings from mission planer it fell  from 30 meters like as rock.

Please help me to found the problem.

I have attached the log.

Thank you

2016-04-24 10-00-55.zip

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dug

Attach the log with the first crash.

The copter was in hover and just increased the throtle (In pos.hold mode about 3-4 meters from ground) with out any other input  the copter leaned right and it fell to the ground like a rock.

Thank you

20160306171459.bin

• Sorry, I don't know anything about the navio.

Can you confirm for me that your first crash was only a short 17 second flight?  I am curious why the data log from that flight was so short.

thanks,

doug

• Dug

Thank you for your help.

I have apm 2.5 by 3dr running 3.2.1 version. I had many flights but never had problem.

Now I am thinking  to buy navio2. I will like your opinion.

Thank you

• This is a weird one.  It looks like the data log stopped recording 17 seconds after you hit the throttle.  How long was the actual flight?  You refer to it as a 5 minute flight.  If so, then for some reason the data log stopped recording at 17 seconds.  If in fact the flight was a short 17 seconds, then it looks like the CPU just stopped running.  That's not good.  You may have a bad Pixhawk if that is the case. 

The Vcc voltage looks clean enough so I don't believe it is a noise problem of any sort.  The vibration levels are higher than I'd like to see, but they don't appear to be affecting the flight performance. 

I am afraid I have reached the end of my knowledge here.  I wish I could tell you more, but I am suspecting the Pixhawk at this point.  Do you have another unit you can swap in? 

Doug

• I agree with Doug.  The logs say you are having power issues.

What I'd like to know is what are the aircraft specifications for EVERY PIECE OF HARDWARE, including ESCs, Motors, props, frame type, etc., and what is the aircraft weight WITH THE BATTERY INSTALLED? 

Also, have you calibrated the power module?  Here is an easy way to calibrate the current:  Calibrate Power Module.

What surprised me was current was running at 40+ amps and during the "event" current peaked at 57.79?

• esc: t-motor opto 30 amp

t-motor 3508 580kv

props 13x5.5 carbon 

AUW 3500gr

frame quadcopter.

Hover current running at 28-30 amps.

But even though the battery has not had to provide a current the copter will fall slowly

I have a quadcopter with apm 2.5 running 3.2.1 version. It never fell from the sky by empty battery. Just lose height. (only for test)

• How do you power tbe pixhaek?

Only with power module or you power with back up  from the rails??

I have a friend that his power module failed and the copter drop from the sky....

This reply was deleted.