Weird GPS problems

Hi all,

I'm experiencing some weird problem with GPS.

I have used my APM on a plane with no problems. GPS (MTK one, from Adafruit) is hard-wired (soldered to the board directly).

Now I want to use this APM with GPS on my hexa. Nothing was changed but firmware on APM board. It sits next to my laptop with only GPS and RX connected. Power is supplied from USB. The problem is, there is no GPS lock AT ALL. If I flash arduplane back, GPS comes back ok. Arducopter - no GPS.

Any idea on what that might be?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If you are running AC3.2 NMEA support was dropped to make enoegh space for the main code. If you are using MTK GPS you need to get AC code from github and manually compile it with enabled nmea and disabled ublox disabled, or flash AC 3.1.5 ...... For APM there is no critical difference between that and 3.2. But I would get a pixhawk EKF is too much of a food thing to miss :) 

• I suspected something like that, but my confusion was caused by gps working on latest version of arduplane. I did not think they are THAT MUCH different.
    • Прошивка для крыла занимает немного меньше места. 

• Что-то делаю всё по инструкции, но, что бы я ни делал, IDE ругается, что код слишком большой :(

• Ты не забыл комментнуть #define ublox? 

• Эээ... Поиск "#define ublox" по всем файлам выдаёт только три результата в библиотеках GPS, и все они являются только частью чего-то большего (типа #define ublox_msg или что-то в этом роде).

Интересно, что даже неизменённый код, скачанный с сайта, при компилировании значительно больше, чем нужно. Для крыла тоже.

• там компилировать нужно в особой версии Arduino IDE

скачай здесь http://dev.ardupilot.com/

http://dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/building-ardupilot-with-arduino-windows/

ask randy on the AC3.2 thread about the correct place where to comment. maybe it is  #define use ublox or something like that. 

• Да, да. Я по инструкции делаю.

Пробовал и особую версию, и Atmel Studio. Результат один - компилятор ругается, что результат больше, чем влезет на мегу.

• Хоть бы предупреждали, что ли...

Правильно ли я понимаю, что для ковыряния в исходниках нужна старая версия Arduino IDE? Там сложно поменять GPS на NMEA? Или там всё уже прописано, просто значение сменить нужно у переменной где-то?

• I'll try helping out by pointing out problems that I had with GPS in my experience.

1. Is your software updated?
    2. Do you have other boards that might interfere with the GPS signal by introducing large amounts of electromagnetic fields?     (This actually happens if using poorly made boards, so you might wanna try to place your dog bowl onto it to fix it...actually don't try that)
    3. This might sound stupid, but is your system sufficiently distant from walls or large objects?

This reply was deleted.