Xbee: "Getting Parameters"

I have two Xbee Pro 2, one with USB adapter and one with the Xtremebee adapter form Jdrones. When I connect my APM v1.4a from Jdrones and a IMU Shield/OilPan RevH V1.0 to Mission Planner, MP can not read the parameters, and the message screen show "getting parameters" for long time, but never get. I connect the pins on the telemetry port, and i did not connect the RTS and CTS pins. The adapter is already on the master mode. Can anyone help me? thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Maybe try disabling the flow control in the pixhawk.  I think the parameter is BRD_SER1_RTSCTS or BRD_SER2_RTSCTS... try setting one of those to "0"

• I dont find this parameter. I'm using a APM v1.4, and i dont find nothing like this, involving RTS or CTS.

• Developer

Yeah old apm1.4 did not have any of those. Check that your Xbees are configures 57kbps speeds and then try communication test. 

Also make sure that your cable RX/TX are correct way connected to Xtreamebee adapter.

• Developer

It sounds like your Xbee is bricked. They loose rather easily their firmwares and configurations. That is one main reason why we created RFD and SiK telemetry modem sets.

Take a look this diydrones post unbrick xbee or you can just google unbrick xbee. Hope that helps

• Thanks for the answer, but my xbee isn`t bricked. The modules can comunicate, i tried to connect to arduino uno and test one example code, and it works, so its everything ok with the xbees.

This reply was deleted.