Yaw 180deg on take off even wthout gps

Hello everyone!I am using APM1 for making my quadcopter but at the moment i am running into a problem that every time i arm the motors and give throttle quadrotor takes 180 deg yaw and then holds its direction.no matter in which direction i arm the motors it gives same response! i tried without/with gps and without/with compass problem is same. now i am arming without any gps and compass and still its same response!Any idea what it could be or why it doing so!Thanks in advance!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry everyone! problem is solved! it was because the rotors which should rotae CW was rotating CCW and vice versa. that was the reason of 180 deg rotation! but i still dont understand the mechanics why it was 180deg just why not more than that!

however problem is solved there is no yaw at take off and quad is holding the heading at which it takes off!

thanks to everybody who thought and sorry it was just not giving attention to manual i got so many people wasting there time!

thanks Chris and Randy!

• Here is a link having video of problem that i am facing with its log files in it! Pls help me out! As it obvious from it that every time i gave throttle to quad it yaws up to a specific angle and then there are fast yaw oscillation at that angle

Video_2.zip

• can this problem due to some bend in frame or some non-allignment of the motors?

• Developer

What does your HUD look like on the Mission Planner?  Does the heading always move to zero or does it seem to move correctly?

By the way, GPS isn't used for heading.  So what we're dealing with is a radio issue, a gyro issue or a compass issue I'd say.

It seems most likely that your compass is not correcting the gyro heading so it's drifting.  the initial sharp turn you're seeing when you take-off is the drift that's occurred between when you armed the copter and when you actually took-off.  it doesn't quite all fit together though because it shouldn't drift as much as 180 degrees in that short period of time...

• checked compass on CLI it is giving heading and magnitude in X,Y,Z direction!
    then i removed and put the compass on it. it gave not healthy first and on putting back again heading and mags were there! i tried to move the compass where it is soldered while running test on CLI. it never happened that CLI gave not healthy output! So i am sure while take off nothing makes compass go bad!
  • http://code.google.com/p/arducopter/wiki/AC2_Magnetos
    This is the address from where i took help to put magnetometer on it! however i again put the compass on board and try it and update you in a while! thanks for giving time!
  • i got it from diydrones store!
    Please dont tell me there is something wrong with the board i am just having one month to take this thing in hovering position!
  • Yes i have checked this thing again direction and connection of the motors are all according to the manual!
  • there is one more thing i interfaced gps while arming motors but at that time gps didn't get any lock! i took off once or twice with gps and compass but not locked gps! but when i saw this behaviour i removed the gps but even after that this problem is not solved!
  • i also tried simple mode! but its same case! However im arming motors without simple mode now!
This reply was deleted.